Help Me!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4
Help Me!
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 4:51 PM

I am new to this board, but have enjoyed reading all of the inspirational postings. I have always been a little over weight, but never as heavy as I am now. I am getting married in November of 2006 and have about 60 lbs to lose. I don't even know if that is possible. I am on a very tight budget and find it difficult to lose weight cheaply. Joining a gym is out of my price range and all healthy foods seem to be expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Help Me!
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 5:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Portion control can make a huge difference, even eating the same food but differently to keep your metabolism high can make things a lot easier.
Are you eating breakfast?
Sleeping enough?
Try breaking up a days worth of food and eating it in 6 - 8 mini portions.
Don't eat two hours before bed.
Go for walks.
Whats your diet like now?

Help Me!
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 6:56 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ditto what Zoe said...Also exercise can be free. I workout more now that than I ever did when I had a gym membership. Walking is great. It you have cable you might get a channel called FitTv. It was many workout programs. Some easy some not so easy. Some use equipment but you can still get a good workout with out equipment. It's been awhile since I checked it out but Oxygen had (has) a great yoga program. It's on way too early for me so I usually tape it. Also you can check out video rental stores for workout videos. Netflix has a lot of exercise DVDs. Maybe you know someone with a account there that can rental an occasional one for you. Public libraries usually have a selection too.

Hope this gives you some ideas...Best of Luck!

Help Me!
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 9:23 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yes, it's possible! You can do this -- seriously portion control IS big deal. Also, make healthier choices, limit your snacking, and omit sodas/teas (like iced tea, not brewed tea) from your daily regime. If you start drinking water instead, you'll soon see a change in your body.

If you can't spend a lot of money -- which none of us really can -- invest in some good exercise tapes. Taebo ROCKS and it's not hard to do. I mean, it's a workout, but it's not difficult to get the hang of it and it makes you feel really good afterwards.

Walking, jogging around outside is free and it's also very good for your cardiovascular health too. No need to join a gym, you can do this in and around your own home.

Basically, use the knowledge you already have. You know the sort of things you shouldn't eat if you're trying to lose weight. You don't need to waste money on prepackaged "diet" things, you just need to add healthy fruits, vegetables, and proteins to your diet. You'll be surprised how much money you SAVE by switching to this type of lifestyle, rather than eating junk and fast food all the time.

Please, join us on the other threads for weighing in, advice, and tips. We're all struggling with our weight and there is no better group of women out there to help you than right here!

Help Me!
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 10:48 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I love pilates. I find them easy to do, but at the same time, I know that I'm toning my body because I can feel it. I bought the crunch pilates tape. It has 3 ten minute workouts. Sometimes I just do one and sometimes, I do all three. Another thing that has been working for me is that before I eat, whether it be a meal or a snack, I make myself do some squats or lift weights for two sets. Just find a plan that fits your schedule and lifestyle so it will be easy to keep up. Good luck

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine