Running Program

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2
Running Program
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 3:38 PM

When I was about 12 I started running hard core. I was in track & I ran all the long-distance races in competition & averaged a 10-mile a day workout. Then at 15 I was diagnosed w/ juvenile arthritis & my Physical Therapist told me to cut out the running until I was in college b/c my carilige should be done stiffening by then.

I never got back into running or much working out & now I want to do so. I found this site & program that I plan to start this weekend so I thought I would share with you girls.

The website is www.coolrunnings.com & the program I am actually going to do is their "Couch-to-5k Running Plan". Here's the link:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Seems like a do-able way to get back into this. I'm going to buy some new running shoes & a sports-watch on my way home tonight. Wish me luck!

Running Program
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 4:21 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Interesting. I started running on the treadmill because I need to pass a physical fitness test with the Army.

I started just by walking for 30 minutes...what it says is true
I uped what I did every other week. I now run a full mile nonstop but i am not stopping there Smile

Running Program
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 4:34 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My twin sister in Texas is doing the "couch to 5K" thing too! I've been a runner all my life, and I'm really excited to be able to go for a run with her when I visit her next month (I live in Wisconsin.) I'm thinking she may kick my butt!! Eek
Keep up the good work!
Peggy

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine