Save the Date Magnets!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 18
Save the Date Magnets!
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 12:40 PM

I LOVE the save the date magnets! But they are so darn expensive, anybody know of some great discount places you can get them at?? We will need around 200. Thanks!

Save the Date Magnets!
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 12:53 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

http://www.save-the-date-magnetfactory.com/

this is the cheapest site i found, if you type in save the date magnets on google it brings up tons of sites. hope this helps

Save the Date Magnets!
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 12:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Oh yeah, I want to get the save the date magnets too, I even thought of making my own but haven't decided yet. Good luckSmile

Save the Date Magnets!
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 2:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

It really depends what you want. I loved the idea of STD magnets too, but hated the prices! We ended up using vistaprint.com and used their business card magnets and designed our own. It took a little more work and moving things around and searching but I love them.

However they are not as flashy as some of the ones you see on other websites. We will order our invites etc from them also, so everything will match too!~ They have some great sales once we ordered once

Save the Date Magnets!
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 4:04 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

TBA-
I just ordered my save the date magnets from vistaprint and I can't wait until they get in. I ordered 100 and with 14 day shipping the total was less than $50! You are right, it does take a bit more work but now they are perfect.

Save the Date Magnets!
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 12:53 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I used vistaprint too. I got 100 magnets for $22 + shipping..so about $30. You can usually find deals if you go to yahoo and type in vistaprint coupons. Once you purchase something from them, they'll keeping sending you promo's...Good Luck!

Save the Date Magnets!
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 1:03 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We made our save the date magnets. Turned out great! People kept asking where we got them done! What we used was a roll of magnet - the height was 2" and then you just cut them to the width you want. We used a print program that makes business cards (2" x 3"). We used photo paper to print a little palm tree/island pic and then the info (names, date, etc). So, easy and very cheap. The roll of sticky magnet came from Michaels - only a few bucks. And you can fit quite a few business cards on a 8.5" x 11" sheet of photo paper. One tip - unroll the magnet and stick it to the fridge for a day or so. This will help uncurl it.

Save the Date Magnets!
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 2:36 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

There are several save the date items on eBay. My friend ordered her save the date cards from eBay and seemed to be happy with them.

Save the Date Magnets!
Posted: Mar 23, 2006 11:05 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I just got mine yesterday from MagnetStreet. I haven't checked the dates, but I do believe they're here about 2 weeks earlier than they originally said they would be. All in all I'm really pleased with the wonderful quality of the product and their outstanding customer service. I did the design myself, and I'm sure family and friends will love them.

Save the Date Magnets!
Posted: Mar 23, 2006 2:21 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

quote:
Originally posted by FutureMrsC:
I LOVE the save the date magnets! But they are so darn expensive, anybody know of some great discount places you can get them at?? We will need around 200. Thanks!

Save the Date Magnets!
Posted: Mar 23, 2006 4:14 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I just got the proofs back on my STD magnets from magnetstreet.com and I love them! They will send you samples (generic) in the mail. They are about 3.5 x 4in. You can completely customize with photo for an extra $25 and for 200 the cost is $0.89 ea (for 150 it's 1.09ea.). ALSO, the magents come with white envelopes with silver lining, no add'l charge. The receptionist is a little rude if you call but my service rep and designer were great. Check them out the were the most reasonable with the best quality that I could find.

Re: Save the Date Magnets!
Posted: Apr 14, 2006 9:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Try http://lastingimpressionsbylaura.com.  Their prices are really cheap and the quality looks great!  Good luck!

Posted: Apr 15, 2006 2:31 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

2 words....Wal-Mart.   You can get the business card stock and the precut business card sized magnets so all you do is print the cards, then sticky them to the magnets.  The card stock was $5 and the magnets were $3.50 for 15....

Posted: Apr 18, 2006 5:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I got my magnets from www.vistaprint.com

They are business card size magnets and they have a thing where you can design your own.  They have some backgrounds too that you can choose from and then put your own typing on there.  I got 100 magnets for around 50 dollars.  Then I looked around at some party supply store online that is a magnet holder.  But they all came blank.  So I went to Michael's and got a stamp set and stamped my own design on the cards.

gemini5241980 Posts : 426 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 8:03 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I made my own. I got the magnets from staples and the postcards that they were attached to. Made the design on my computer ran the magnets through the printer. I used a razor to cut slits in the corners of the post cards and attached the magnets. Postage did cost me a little more to do mine that way but I love the magnets and wanted to do them myself.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine