Looking For My Slim Fast Weight Loss Buddy-KarrieL

Online Users: 1,311 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 11
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 3:22 PM

Karrie....I've lost your email....if you read this email me!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and if anyone else is doing or wanting to do the slim fast diet..let me know...we are looking for buddies!!

Posted: Mar 20, 2006 3:29 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I always wanted to try but I never knew anyone who did so if you can give me some feedback I would really appreciate it. thanks. =)

Posted: Mar 20, 2006 3:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

It's how I've been doing this the whole time! I'm using the High Protein shakes. I've lost 21.5 lbs since January. It works! For real -- well, I exercise too, like a crazy person, but no, SF really does work. Yay for buddies!

Posted: Mar 20, 2006 3:50 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

thanks Bliss, I'll looking foward to trying it. =)

Posted: Mar 21, 2006 11:21 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I just started it and have lost 3 pounds. But, I bought a treadmill for my birthday last week and I got it yesterday so I am really excited!!!

I eat 1000 calories a day (2 shakes) fruit, yogurt, lean cuisine and veggies usually. Last night I walked 3 miles and burned 315 calories!!!! I am SO freakin sore today though! LOL

Bliss- congrats on the 21 lbs!!!!!! That's great!!!

So anyone who wants to join in, please do.....

Posted: Mar 21, 2006 2:47 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi, I have been trying to decide what to do I have to loose about 40 lbs by June 24. I started with south beach, then I tried WW and I have some slkim fast shakes in the fridge. I dont know which one to do. It is so hard. I think if I had someone to talk to about it I could probably do slim fast. Please let me know what you have to do, cuz Im clueless Confused

Posted: Mar 22, 2006 1:01 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

To learn more about slim fast you can check out their website www.slim-fast.com It's pretty neat and they have lots of tools...even online buddies.

Posted: Mar 22, 2006 9:57 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

On a semi-related note, perhaps one of you Slim Fast lovers can help me with this:

Slim Fast used to have a line of milk-free soy protein canned shakes in fruity flavors like orange pineapple, cranberry apple, strawberry banana orange, and I think some others.

They disappeared from stores a while ago and the Slim Fast site says they have been discontinued. They were SOOOO tasty and a conveniant high calorie beverage for me since I often forget or don't have time to eat. I am so terribly sad that they are discontinued. I hate vanilla and chocolate and creamy types of flavors, which is why I found the soy protein fruit drinks to be so awesome.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find some of these even though they are not being made anymore?

Posted: Mar 22, 2006 10:06 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Do you ever do the Smoothie King thing? They've got all kinds of add-ins-- protein poweder, etc. They're pretty good-- I used to have them for lunch all the time when I was in college.

Posted: Mar 22, 2006 11:01 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yeah. I actually like Smoothie Factory a lot better. One's A Meal is my favorite.

It wasn't necessarily the protein that attracted me the Slim Fast things, it was the taste. I really like nutrition drinks because I have trouble eating enough calories sometimes and the cans are fast and easy (unlike smoothie shops), but I can't stand chocolate and vanilla and strawberries and cream and all that. I love flavors like orange pineapple, and the Slim Fast Soy Protein line just happened to come in those flavors.

Posted: Mar 23, 2006 8:37 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Eli - back when I was vegan I used to use the fruity powders! When they were discontinued I was so angry (they were replaced with the Optima line) that I called and wrote an angry letter.

The woman on the phone simply said they were not selling well enough, and that they decided to forgo them. She said I could use the little smoothies (kinda like the Snapple-A-Day things) instead, but I was adamant that they do something about the shakes!

About a month later, I got coupons in the mail for the Optima shakes and powders. Guess they really got the point, eh?

Posted: Mar 23, 2006 1:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My boss used to drink the pineapple orange ones. I think they are now making their choc and vanilla shakes with soy (different from the Optima line), but I haven't seen the fruit ones around.

Maybe a different company makes something similar that comes in a can. Have you checked with your local health food stores?

You know if it's needing calories for you that are easy why not try some protein bars. They come in all types of yummy flavors and have all the nutrients of the skakes. Slim fast even makes some. And, they don't have to be refrigerated! Wink

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine