ABC's Shame Diet

Online Users: 1,361 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5
ABC's Shame Diet
Posted: Mar 17, 2006 11:19 AM

Did anyone watch that ABC thing last night on Primetime ? They took a handful of overweight people (volunteers) and put them in bikinis and took pictures of them. Then they had 2 months to lose 15 pounds or else they were going to post the pictures live!! All but one lost the weight (and then some). They weren't given any food/diet advice...just sent them on their way and came back in 2 months for weigh in. Consequently they did not show the pictures of the woman who was 3 pounds short of her goal. They said it was the threat of humiliation that they were experimenting with!

Should we do something like this??! Anything to push me would be awesome! Like send me pics of yourself to an email addy (and i'll send one to someone) and then I dont know how to do the weigh in part?? ANy ideas?

ABC's Shame Diet
Posted: Mar 17, 2006 2:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

LOL I guess no one wants to play!

Well fine! :P

ABC's Shame Diet
Posted: Mar 17, 2006 2:56 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Sorry, I'm just not posing in a bikini no matter WHAT! lol

ABC's Shame Diet
Posted: Mar 17, 2006 3:10 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Definately an interesting concept, but too hardcore for my blood.

ABC's Shame Diet
Posted: Mar 17, 2006 5:19 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I watched that show.

Isn't it interesting that people perceive a bikini pic when overweight more threatening than all the diseases and health conditions that go with being overweight?

ABC's Shame Diet
Posted: Mar 17, 2006 5:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

well pumpkin, i guess i'm in the same boat! LOL and like that girl said, heart disease etc is off in the future...it is not now, bikini threat is now! and no one knows if we will REALLY get those things, b/c we have hope of losing weight to combat that possibility! Smile

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine