Quick question about calories

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 8:59 PM

I am trying to count my calories everyday and I am doing ok. But I can't seem to find out how many calories are in a tomato and fresh mozz salad. I eat one almost every day for lunch. This is what I put in it:
1 cup of mixed greens
about 6 little balls of mozz
1 roma tomato
basalmic vinegar for the dressing
oops and some fresh garlic
Does anyone have any idea how many calories this would be? And please tell its not bad for my diet. That would really suck.Thanks!

Posted: Mar 15, 2006 11:24 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Have you tried any of the calorie count books? Even if they don't have info for that salad, put together mixed greens, mozzerella, and your dressing, and that will be pretty close as long as you do it by serving size. The books will tell you what a serving size is.

Posted: Mar 15, 2006 11:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Do you have a food scale? You'll need one to measure how many ounces the cheese weighs if you want an accurate calorie count.

After you've weighed and measure your food, go to fitday.com and create a profile for yourself. You'll be able to input the food you eat and it will provide you a calorie and nutrition breakdown of everything you input.

Posted: Mar 16, 2006 12:55 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thanks I have tried some online website but I can't find fresh mozzerella online only packaged. I'll try the fitday website after I get my scale back.

Posted: Mar 16, 2006 12:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Problem solved!!! (I love when I can actually help people on this site - I feel useful haha)

Fresh Mozzarella has 87 calories per ounce, and it is 24% fat (as well as 51% water, 20% protein, 4% carbohydrate, and 2% ash). Note it has a lot more water than packaged mozzerella, which is a good thing (and it tastes yummier...) but it also has more fat (also makes it taste way yummier!!!). 24% fat equals out to be about 6.75 grams. The good news is, it's an ok source of protein (5.5 grams) and a great source of calcium (146 mg). Each of your little balls is probably equal to about an oz of cheese, but without seeing the size it's hard to say.

Posted: Mar 16, 2006 3:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thanks alot Jamie's babydoll. So I guess it isn't the healthiest thing to eat but its alot better than fastfood. I'm italian so mozz is a must in my diet. Thanks again, you helped alot.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine