Anyone have breast implants?

Online Users: 1,295 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 7
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 3:52 PM

I have wanted to get implants since I was 13. I dont plan to do it before the wedding but I wanted to start getting some info now. I am currently an A/B and would like to go to a B/C.

1. What size were you and what size did you become?
2. How painful was the recovery? How long was the recovery?
3. How much did they cost? (I've heard anywhere from $3000 and up.)
4. Have you had kids since? What does that do to them?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Posted: Mar 13, 2006 4:35 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

newsjunkie ... i was happy with what i had until i had my daughter and nursed her for 9 months ... at that point, i dried up to hardly nothing!! I finally decided to go check it out and decided to get the implants ... i got mine done June 28, 2004 ... i went from barely an A to B/C. I absolutely love them!! I do not regret anything about it at all ... as far as recovery .. mine was not bad at all .. i took a week off from work but could have went back within 3 days .. i took pain medication my first day and then just tylenol after that. I had the incision put under the crease of my breast and the scars are hardly noticeable. Mine costs $4500 but it was worth every penny!! I had my daughter before getting them and won't be having anymore since I've had a complete hysterectomy ... but I would advise anyone that is thinking about it to go to the dr and talk it over!! Hope this helps you and good luck to you!! Let me know if you have any questions .. .I would be glad to answer them for you ... Wink

Posted: Mar 13, 2006 5:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thanks for the info- that is very helpful! We don't plan to have kids for a few years and I am really trying to decide if I want to get them beforehand. I'm afraid if I get them sooner that having kids will destroy any of the work I had done!

Posted: Mar 13, 2006 5:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

well I have seriously considered getting mine reduced. But it seems too invasive and I have known too many people to have them go wrong..

But if I change my mind we could almost swap!

Posted: Mar 13, 2006 5:26 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm not trying to tell you not to get implants, but please be sure you have very thoroughly researched EVERYTHING before you have them done. Be sure you know about ALL of the possible complications-- contractures, scar tissue, rippling, etc.

I know two women who have implants. They have great figures now, but one developed a lot of scar tissue and her breasts are now very hard, and the other has some rippling across the tops of her breasts.

Just be sure to ask LOTS of questions and demand thorough answers. Good luck!

Posted: Mar 14, 2006 8:38 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

newsjunkie ... i also agree with 5yearplan ... when and if you do go for a consult make sure you ask questions and if you decide to go through with it, have them put under the muscle .. supposedly you can still breastfeed and tumors can still be detected. I've not heard of pregnancy messing up breast implant work ...

Posted: Mar 14, 2006 8:55 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well my FMIL just got implants about 4 months ago (that she didn't need IMO). And now, 4 months later, she is still getting shooting pains into one of her breasts. She said that is happens about 6-10 times a day and it hurts bad. She told her doc and he said it will eventualy go away. But they don't know everything. She likes them but wishes they were bigger (if they were they would look freaky) and she said they are lopsided, even though her breasts were lopsided to begin with. So go for it if your willing to take the risks. I will probably consider it in the future also.

Posted: Mar 14, 2006 11:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Shooting pains are not abnormal and are usually caused by nerve regeneration, which will eventually go away. If they last more than a couple more months, tho, she should probably get a second opinion.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine