Changing my habits!! Wish me luck!!!!-Update 1

Online Users: 1,264 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 17
Posted: Mar 5, 2006 9:20 PM

Over the last couple months, I have tried really hard to stick to healthy food and exercising regularly. Well tonight I decided, no ifs ands or buts, I am starting healthy habits starting tomorrow hard core. No more fast food, no more soda unless it's diet, and exercising everyday, even if it's only for 30 min. I plan to post weekly to track my progress, I hope that's okay. And hopefully besides motivating myself I hope can motivate anyone else that is trying to get in shape or lose some weight for their wedding day. Wish me luck ladies!!! Here I go!!! Starting weight: 160 lbs. Target weight: 125 lbs. If anyone has any suggestions for maintaining or any tricks to falling back into my fast-food habit, please let me know. I want to make this a permanent change, thanks!Smile

Posted: Mar 5, 2006 9:23 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

You go girl! I wish you the best of luck! I also want to lose weight but have a hard time staying motivated... I want to exercise, but I have no equipment Frown. I am trying to eat healthy as well.

Posted: Mar 5, 2006 9:34 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Me too!! We'll do it together. I'm not snacking anymore (no more sweets for Lent) and I'm only drinking diet sodas. Also, I'm trying to exercise once a day AND tan once a day (a lot I know). So we'll post together!! See you in a week!

Posted: Mar 5, 2006 9:38 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Just wanted to share what I have been drinking these days. Make a big pitcher with 2 Crystal Light tubs of iced tea and one half tub of Crystal Light lemonade. It tastes soooo good and is a great alternative to soda!

Posted: Mar 5, 2006 9:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

At work I'm trying to do the no soda, just water, but it's hard b/c I sit at a computer all day and it's easy to get tired. And I get sick of water, so I got some of those Crystal Light to-go packs and I'm gonna start drinking that at work too. I love that stuff. Raspberry Ice is my favorite flavorSmile

Posted: Mar 5, 2006 10:22 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

i too used to work at a computer all day and i would get tired as well. i did quit drinking pop, my fiance and i have not had pop in over a year. we did start to drink the crystal light lemonade and raspberry iced tea. i have also bought grean tea that i would bring to work then i would also make some more at work. for my coffee fix i got that general foods international coffee stuff, only 30 cals per serving. even if you dont have equipment you still can work out. walk outside if its nice, take the stairs, park the farthest away from the door. small things count. just cutting a few things or even changing what you eat, instead of a bag of chips get a mini bag of pop corn 100 cals for the bad. i have lost 50lbs and still need to lose but just little things like these have really helped.

Posted: Mar 5, 2006 10:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I was HUGE HUGE soda drinker in college. Being an engineer meant lots of work, and I needed every bit of caffeine I could get, not to mention I was a sugar junkie. I went from 95 lbs to 125, which is a huge weight gain when you're only 5'0".

So to further motivate you - I hated dieting, and all I did when I decided I had enough was switch from regular pepsi, to diet. I'm now at a nice 102ish, which is pretty nice considering I don't exercise.

Cutting out soda can make a really big difference, and even if you're like me and really don't like the taste of artificial sweeteners - start with a flavored diet (I was addicted to diet vanilla coke, now discontinued, and do diet cherry pepsi now) - and you know what? After 1 month, I couldn't even smell regular pepsi - was WAY too sweet!

Posted: Mar 5, 2006 11:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Good, I'm not the only one trying to kick the soda habit! I was dping pretty good..cut down from 5 sodas per day to 1..then I slipped back into my old routine of drinking it all day..so, now I am trying to cut down again. It's so hard to kick that habit, but luckily there are alot of great tasting juces and teas you can substitue for it...eventually I'd like to get all the refined sugar out of my diet.

Posted: Mar 6, 2006 4:39 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm trying to lose some weight as well. I drink diet soda and crystal light and try to eat as healthy as I can but I know that I need to exercise. The only problem is that there isn't a gym where I live and I don't like to work out alone. I'm going to try to start, but it's easy for me to lose motivation.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10704;88/st/20...f5/event.png[/image]
[/link]

Posted: Mar 6, 2006 6:35 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I love crystal light!!!The peach tea is my favorite. Good luck to all of you who are trying to quit bad habits. I'm trying to quit smoking because, duh, it's bad for you and My FH and I want to try for a baby 6 months to a year after ther wedding. Keep at it even though it's hard! you will feel better afterwards I'm sure.

Posted: Mar 6, 2006 6:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I started my weight loss craze in January. I started at 220 and am now at 200! (I am proud that I have lost 20lbs and that is the only reason I let the world know.) I got sick in February and have hit a lull in my motovation. I have a year and 2 months to loose another 60 lbs. I joined a gym and try to go everyday for about 1 1/2 hours. My FH works nights so it gives me something to do and my neighbor goes with me. I also gave up fast food places for lent execpt Subway. That can be healthy!

Posted: Mar 6, 2006 9:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Subway rocks!!!

Posted: Mar 7, 2006 12:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

HOORAY!!! I made this same decision two years ago, and I have NEVER been happier with any other choice I've made. I wish you all the luck in the world.

This is the most valuable lesson I learned over my journey to become healthy: you must not be too hard on yourself.

You're doing a very risky thing by quitting cold turkey (most humans just aren't naturally programmed to end a habit immediately and pick up a totally different one). To make your decision worthwhile, and to make sure you STAY with your decision, don't worry about eating fast food every once in a while, or forgetting to exercise. It does not mean you're a failure, and you are not set back at all. Just when you slip up and go to Taco Bell (or wherever), remember how Taco Bell makes you feel and use that memory to motivate you the next time you get a craving.

Posted: Mar 12, 2006 10:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Here's my first weekly update. Unfortunately I didn't stick to my plan too much, reason being is that I was sick with the flu for 4 days this past week. So I wasn't too motivated to work out or anything. I did stay away from fast food for the most part though b/c I was scared to eat anything after I felt better. So my goal this week is to work out everyday if possible. Also a goal I have is to start eating a good breakfast everyday, I'm one of those people that don't make time for breakfast but I'm starting to. I bought this cereal bowl-to-go from Walmart and it's the size of a portion of Special K cereal you should eat. So I'm gonna start using it. I'll be back again next week with another update. How's everyone else doing?
Starting weight: 160
Weight as of 3-12-06: 158
Woohoo lost 2 poundsSmile

Posted: Mar 17, 2006 7:43 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Don't kill me for saying this, but diet soda is really not much better than real soda. And it's like any other little addiction or dependency: if you quit, a few months later you don't even crave it anymore.

But good luck! stay strong! And after a while, you won't even want to pick up your old habits.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine