Changing my habits!! Wish me luck!!!!-Update 1

Online Users: 1,322 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 17
Posted: Mar 17, 2006 11:47 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Romanticgirl, I'm afraid I agree with you about diet soda. Sugar may make me fat but at least it doesn't have a chance of giving me cancer.

That's the trouble with substitutions- there's no such thing. And besides, you can't stop smoking by taking up candy cigarettes, so to speak. When someone offers you a real one, you're going to take it. As long as you're addicted.

Posted: Mar 18, 2006 11:58 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Don't worry about being sick, it does make it hard but don't let it discourage you for when you feel better.

Posted: Mar 19, 2006 12:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I wanted to lose weight, and then I got this crazy notion to get my tongue peirced. Because I got the tongue done, I wasn't allowed to drink soda or eat certain foods- and now that I have been restricted for 3 weeks from all those things I don't seem to care about soda as much. I have had maybe 2 cherry cokes in the past week and FH bought a huge case of water for me. So I been drinking water and eating small portions of food. My daughter has toddler plates and bowls and I use those to eat off of so I can control the portions easier. Everyone is commenting now on my weight being less. Its really working it seems. Its not the tongue thing either it just happen to just help me but it wasnt the reason I changed my diet.
My mother lost HUGE amounts of weight about 2 years ago. She used to wear a size 20 but shes a size 6 now. She stopped drinking soda unless she's over a friends house and they don't have good water. (some tap water sucks) She's drinking flavored water (I love the Dasani lemon water) and she's eating more healthy. It took her a year to drop the sizes so it does take dedication and time. If you lose weight too fast it's not healthy and most likly to come back.I don't think she exercises much- I don't talk to her much, but my brother keeps me updated.
Good luck to everyone!
Aine

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine