How soon is too soon for venue?

Online Users: 1,301 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1

LMW Posts : 1 Registered: 12/14/12
How soon is too soon for venue?
Posted: Apr 9, 2013 1:30 PM

Hello everyone,

I got engaged last month, and we set a date for September 26, 2015. We wanted to wait until I am done with law school, and for me a fall wedding was a must. My future mother in law is veerrryyy eager to get the planning process started, regardless of the two and half year time frame. I really have no idea what the usual wedding timeline looks like, but she is telling me that we should book a venue this summer to lock in a lower price rate, and make sure I can get the date I want, because Saturday, fall weddings are very popular. Does she have the right idea, or should I be putting on the brakes? I know she is very excited for her only child to be getting married, and I love her dearly, so I don't want to burst her bubble, but I don't want to jump right into things if it is far too early.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Syringa Posts : 115 Registered: 1/18/12
Re: How soon is too soon for venue?
Posted: Apr 10, 2013 12:06 AM Go to message in response to: LMW

This may be a bit early, depending on where you live. Generally, booking the venue about 1 1/2 years out is safe. Though your MIL's idea of a lower price is comendable, many venues plan their prices several years into the future, particularly popular places, so you may not save by booking early. As you begin the planning process, you may find that your ideas and tastes change somewhat and you don't want to be locked into a place so early that you could want to change your mind and not be able to. Early 2014 should be a good time to book.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine