Wedding Band to go with 3-stone Ring

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 13
Wedding Band to go with 3-stone Ring
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 1:37 PM

Does anyone have any suggestions for a wedding band to go with my e-ring?

It is 3-Stone Princess cut Diamonds.  1/2 ct center and two 1/4 ct sides with a plain white gold band.  I have been to about 6 jewelery stores and I cannot find a wedding band that fits well with it.  They Just do not sit flush. I have tried the "enhancers" but they are all made for solitaires, and almost all have round diamonds- I would prefer princess.

I want additional Diamonds on my wedding band.  Any suggestions of a store that makes enhancers for 3-stone rings, or has anyone come up with a custom made solution and have pics?

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Re: Wedding Band to go with 3-stone Ring
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 4:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Do you have a picture of your e-ring. The setting makes the most difference. My solitare has a unique setting that bands don't sit flush against. So the fact that it is three stone helps, but we need more info. What types of bands have you tried already? Have you tried the ones that curve?

ring

Another option is to buy the same exact ring with all three stones 1/4 ct. It probably has a pretty good chance of sitting flush.

rings

bksummer08 Posts : 165 Registered: 6/14/07
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 9:24 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have a similar ring...but mine in emerald cut with 3 stones down each side. I chose a band from Zales and I still think it looks kind of weird together. I had a very difficult time choosing a band with my ring.

DSC01842.jpg picture by bksummersize

Message was edited by: bksummer08

RockChalkChick Posts : 48 Registered: 12/27/06
Posted: Jan 25, 2008 11:10 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

If it's a traditional 3-stone ring, with a wider center stone than side stones, I'd say you'll probably need to find something with a flare or notch for the center stone. I have a 3-stone ring, but my center stone is a horizontal oval, which means it's flush like a band and will settle next to the wedding band well: 

When it comes to the 3-stone princess ring, your choices are probably going to be rather limited. First option - have something custom made to cradle your ring exactly. Second option - wear a straight band and not worry about it. Other options - wear flanking narrow bands on both sides of the e-ring (top and bottom), which will bring symmetry back to the rings even if they don't sit entirely flush. 

This site has a lot of examples of custom options: http://www.jewelryexpert.com/catalog/Custom-Fit-Wedding-Bands-wb.htm

In general, a search for "contour/contoured" wedding bands should give you a lot of options for something that will bend around the larger center stone and sit flush with the e-ring.

Good luck!!

luvmygemini Posts : 737 Registered: 7/16/07
Posted: Jan 25, 2008 3:51 PM Go to message in response to: RockChalkChick

I have a 3stone princess cut ring looks like bksummer08 style and I have the same style of band in 1/2 ct that has princess and baggetts across it, I would say that is best way to go as there was no band that actually went with my ring either

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 4:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think the bottom picture of LinzZ's post is your best option.

My e-ring has a princess center, three bagettes on each side and a round stone.  the Wedding band was made to have 2 small princess at the center to line up with the main e-ring stone, then one bagette on each side and a round.  It all lines up and the jeweler sculpted one side of the band to fit snug with the curves of the e-ring.

you could do 3 or 4 princess diamonds in yours - just make them line up and it will look good together.

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 6:11 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Here is a picture similar to my ring.

I was originally thinking a ring just like bkaummer08, but I think I have the same feeling, they are the clostest match, but just dont look like they "go together."  I think 1 problem is that my band is too thin and the channelset princess cut looks a little too "chunky" next to it.

We are going to visit a custom jeweler tomorrow to see if we can find anything in our price range, I like LinzZs and MrsHowards idea of 3 stones that line up,

Also, this is something I tried on at zales, and the rings actually fit together well, and I kind of liked the eclectic feel of the different stone types.  What do you think?  I would do 2 rings, 1 on top and 1 on bottom.

Message was edited by: Leslie041908

Message was edited by: Leslie041908

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Posted: Jan 27, 2008 10:00 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I like the ring you tried on at Zales. The different types of stones always look so pretty to me. My e-ring is an emerald solitaire, and my wedding band is channel set princess and baguettes. I wanted to go with all baguettes so the lines of the cuts would match, but the princess stones added a little extra detail and sparkle.

My mother's e-ring is a Round cut solitaire, and wedding band is really close to the one you've posted (alternating baguettes and round) although hers is set straight and they aren't prong set, they have bars inbetween. The two different types of stones is really pretty. I think they would look gorgeous with your princess cut also.

Good luck tomorrow and let us know what you decide!

FALLbrideINLOVE Posts : 1,056 Registered: 3/30/07
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 8:44 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

the one you tried on at zales is my favorite of all the options in this post.  it is very pretty and feminine - like your e ring!

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 10:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

UPDATE!

So we realized that a "custom" ring was way out of our budget.  We went to Jared Jewelery (the sister store of Kay Jewelers- but WAY better).  I was told they had a large collection of "stock" and the lowest cost for custom jewelery.  I LOVED them.  Very helpful and knowledgeable. everyone in the sotre came over to give their opinions of wha would look best. They even went through huge books of custom order rings. In case anyone is wondering about custom rings... They told me just the gold band design starts at $800 
+ diamonds.

Anywho, they have a ring exactly like the round/baguette one i found at Zales (above), BUT in a straight ring (not enhancer), so I would only need one. looks great with or without my ring. They diamonds line up in a way that they really do sit flush. 

So how soon before the wedding should we get our rings?  and any great ideas on inscriptions? 

FALLbrideINLOVE Posts : 1,056 Registered: 3/30/07
Posted: Feb 5, 2008 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

sounds like you found the right ring!

we bought our wedding rings early on because i couldn't wait!  i didn't get anything inscribed which turned out to be good for us because we both have had our resized a second time.  once you wear the ring a while you will find the perfect fit.  it is not always instant.  i would ask about the inscription and resizing, what they do 

Posted: Feb 5, 2008 11:46 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have a very similar ring to what you described and we just got my wedding band and I love them together.  At first we purchased two bands to put on top and bottom, but we decided to upgrade my center stone on the engagement ring and returned one band.  Anyway, here is the band and it is from Zales.

My engagement ring is similar to this:

When is my wedding

Message was edited by: MrsLampshade

powertulle Posts : 2 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Feb 5, 2008 11:56 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Another idea is to wear the rings separately. I wear my wedding band on my left hand, e-ring on my right. My e-ring has a thick band so wearing both on one finger would be too much. I find this solution very comfortable.

NellyBee Posts : 1 Registered: 2/12/13
Posted: Feb 12, 2013 12:51 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Okayyy I give up, I have searched high and low for this ring and can't seem to find it anywhere. I know it's been so long since this post went up but could you possibly remember where this original image came from? I would GRRRREATLY appreciate it! Click here-----http://www.diamondvues.com/archives/3s-4.jpg

Edited by: NellyBee on Feb 12, 2013 12:52 AM

Edited by: NellyBee on Feb 12, 2013 12:55 AM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine