Help fitting into wedding dresses without excersize! Please?

Online Users: 1,271 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 0

Aria1 Posts : 1 Registered: 1/23/13
Help fitting into wedding dresses without excersize! Please?
Posted: Jan 23, 2013 7:25 PM

I know this sounds like a long shot, but I'm pretty desperate. I will be eloping in a few months, and my dress no longer fits. If I don't wear a bra, it'll zip up all the way, but it's tight enough that there are ridges in the fabric! The dress is a very fluid style, and it's only the top that's tight. Because it's an unstructured sheath, a corset back would look out of place. The main problem seems to be that I've put on a bit of weight in my torso, beyond the 32DD/34D breasts.

Here's where it gets tricky. I have been sick for the past six months, and unable to stand for long periods. Working out is absolutely out of the question. My fiance has been my rock, handling all of the cooking and the cleaning, because even microwaving leftovers is an extreme exertion. This has absolutely drained our finances.... I am basically unable to work, and we've barely made ends meet. I might be able to do some sort of workout for my arms, so long as I don't have to be standing, and don't have to flex my midsection(The source of the pain). It's one more thing going wrong in a long pile of them, and likely won't be going away soon, since I can't afford medical treatment.

Getting eloped SOON is important to us, to say that we'll be there for each other through this, and I want to wear the dress he sacrificed so much to get. Literally the first thing he did, when he finally was able to find a job, was to buy the dress for me. We don't have any kind of a budget to buy a new dress, or get it altered. I can do basic alterations myself, but I'm concerned that this might be beyond my skill, and I don't want to risk ruining it. It is a nontraditional gown, and I don't think I can find fabric to match it, for paneling. (Antique gold chiffon). The best solution I can see would be to replace the zipper with a shorter zipper, and reshape the back into a V shape angling down towards the shorter zipper.

We have NO wedding budget, and won't be doing any thing else to celebrate eloping... Me wearing something new was the one luxury we wanted(Even then, my gown cost less than a bridesmaids dress, thanks to some careful shopping). Everything would be perfect, if I hadn't gotten sick, and had been able to keep up even a minimal activity level!

I'd love any suggestions anyone has for workouts to tone my arms and chest, or for ways to alter the gown to allow for my changing shape. Is there a such thing as Spanx for up top, that won't show creases poking through the clingy fabric?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine