royal prestige bridal travel packages?

Online Users: 1,245 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 39

coronadabride Posts : 1 Registered: 11/7/11
Re: royal prestige bridal travel packages?
Posted: Nov 7, 2011 11:52 PM Go to message in response to: MsMurillo

My fiance and I went to one of these Royal Prestige meetings this evening. Fortunately, our experience wasn't so bad. We sat through the demonstration and got to sample the food which was pretty good. Everything they presented seemed high quality. However, what you see may not necessarily be what you get. Either way, our salesman was cool, and he didn't make us feel like crap for not buying anything. We could tell "No" wasn't what he wanted to hear, but he gave us our "free" prizes as promised. By "free," you still have to pay S&H for the items. I'll still shop around to compare the deals. In the end, we decided to go with the ring package. Mostly because we felt it would be less of a risk than the trip. I agree with other brides who think you should go just to check it out and see what you can get. I hope you would get a cool salesman like mine, but if you don't, don't be surprised if you end up feeling convicted or frustrated. Either way, be strong and don't be afraid to say "No."

tara89 Posts : 1 Registered: 10/18/11
Posted: Nov 14, 2011 12:35 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I got the call last week saying I had won! I actually went to the presentation today and it IS NOT A SCAM! You are not obligated to purchase anything and you walk away with a 3 day 2 night honeymoon, engraved Champaign flutes and he also gave us a set of free serving spoons. They cook ware is awesome and it basically sells itself. If you are interested in purchasing the cookware, they offer different packages at different rates. We purchased the smaller package and got a free baking set and steamer and colander. Also, since we purchased a package, they gave us two extra nights for our honeymoon and the two wedding band vouchers (which are VERY nice). The pots and pans have a 50 year warranty on them also. SO, if you are hearing that this is a scam, don't believe it! It really is legit! I do not work or have any affiliation with this company to be saying this. I have just read so many negative this about this and wanted to give some positive feed back to curious brides!

kikicoco Posts : 28 Registered: 11/6/11
Posted: Nov 20, 2011 10:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yes, it's obviously the scam!

GraceKelly Posts : 15 Registered: 10/7/11
Posted: Nov 23, 2011 7:00 AM Go to message in response to: coronadabride

Hmmmm I'd be cautious of anything you did not apply for.

to me, half the fun of travelling is planning! I'm in Australia so we probably have different sites, but I find you can get great hotel prices through stuff like Groupon deals and LivingSocial, and sites like CheapFlights...anyway, look for sites like those in the US or wherever you are, and double check on places like Trip Advisor or Yelp, and you can get your own custom honeymoon (custom because YOU planned it for your tastes!) for a really great price!

Edited by: GraceKelly on Nov 23, 2011 7:00 AM

krystal2lite Posts : 1 Registered: 2/10/12
Posted: Feb 10, 2012 4:04 PM Go to message in response to: Shadawn

Ok, I have sat here and read all about how this company is a scam, etc, etc. But what I am hearing is that people are mad b/c they let someone talk them into buying something that they didn't really want. It seems to me that they STILL give you the trip vouchers and YES you have to pay for your airfare but I prefer that. I can book using my delta points and not on some crummy airline. I saw the presentation b/c I was looking for new pots and pans b/c I just found out I am gluten intolerant and have to buy new pans. I did not like the products but still got my trip and crystal flute vouchers. SO, 1. Do NOT call something a scam unless you have been scammed. 2. Something is NOT a scam if you bought a product, received the product and THEN decided you did not like it and 3. If you didn't go on the trip b/c you were upset, that is your fault. Its not a scam. I am a real person and not some stupid employee of dinnerfortwo or royal prestige. I really wish people would stop being so ignorant, read the facts and articulate what actually occurred.

Don't judge a book by its cover. People tend to become dumber as they grow in numbers. Speak for yourself and never let anyone persuade you to do something you do not want to do.

jennieloee Posts : 1 Registered: 2/12/12
Posted: Feb 12, 2012 12:24 AM Go to message in response to: coronadabride

After they call from getting your information at a wedding show they invite you to another "wedding show" which is really just them giving you a demo of their cookware. Truthfully, it is really pretty great cookware, but it is very expensive. We considered it, but after going online while we were there (they don't give you more time than while you're there to decide whether you want to buy or not) and reading reviews, 99% of the most recent ones said stay away from this company. Most of the complaints were from people who bought the cookware, but when they got it, it was not the same as what was used in the demo, and the company does NOT have a return policy, so they we're stuck with what they got. The salesman, by the way was pacing in and out of the room very uncomfortably while we were reading the reviews and discussing the whole thing with another couple there. Sketchy. The deal with the free stuff is that you get vouchers for what they offered up front just for coming to the demo, and if you buy the cookware, they upgrade the honeymoon package and give you both the rings and the toasting glasses. So, we left with the vouchers, but if you read them, you can see that they are just trying to take your money. The one for the toasting glasses was just a slip of paper saying, send $19.95 to this address for shipping and handling and we will send you the glasses. there is not even a place on the form for info for the engraving that is supposedly included. Reviews online also showed that people who sent this voucher off, never received anything. The one for the honeymoon requires that you send them a "deposit" of what was like $100-200 that would be reimbursed to you later in order to receive any further information about it. It also had a disclaimer that it was not affiliated with the resort, so they may not honor the voucher or may charge you unrelated fees. The whole thing just gave off a bad vibe and the more we read about it, the more we're glad we didn't do any of it. Seriously, just STAY AWAY!

FirstSip Posts : 2 Registered: 3/4/12
Posted: Mar 4, 2012 7:37 PM Go to message in response to: krystal2lite

I'm replying to you mostly because you're one of the few in this thread who isn't clearly an employee of this vast array of faceless companies.

There's more to this scam: many people are fed multiple different lines on the products. They offer false advertising and false information (many of the "science" based offerings are misinterpreted or just plain wrong) and bait you to these high pressure sales pitches with minimal information (for example: in both calls I received, I was told I won a free dinner or a "tasting" for an Embassy Suites. Both, clearly, were false).

Then, your comment was so unbelievably rude, and your one post was to call people ignorant and claim intelligence (with poorly "articulated" wording and grammar on your part), I feel that I'm talking to yet another spambot...

Lilyfae Posts : 1 Registered: 4/14/12
Posted: Apr 15, 2012 12:04 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I just went to one of these presentations and was not pushed into buying anything, we got to eat some food and we had a choice between a 3 night trip (you pay airfare and taxes) or 2 wedding bands. I went with the rings as we don't have money for a trip right now. Also got some his and hers aprons. The main person who gave the presentation was really great, one of the other sales ladies was really pushy and I didn't like her at all. She kept trying to get me to buy some of the cookware when I totally could not afford it, to the point where she would not stop harping on and I stood up and told her I was leaving. She apologized and said she hoped she didn't pressure me.. she probably cost them the sale actually. The guy who I was originally dealing with came over when he saw I was upset and was saying to keep him in mind if I changed my mind in the future, and to enjoy my gifts and he was really nice.

KayteNicole Posts : 1 Registered: 11/27/12
Posted: Nov 27, 2012 6:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

They are not a scam. My fiancÚ and I went and purchased some pots, pans, and china. We got two free trips- one all inclusive. They work with you. I have had some trouble getting a hold of them for questions we have had but other then that, they are very nice. The only thing we didn't pay attention to when buying is the interest rate is very high if you buy something.

jzf91 Posts : 1 Registered: 1/14/13
Posted: Jan 14, 2013 11:33 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

so where exactly did you go? because my fiance and I just got back from the presentation and I'm doing some research and it all says it's a scam. I'm really excited because I NEVER win anything and I would hate to have my hopes up over a scam. Plus i need to know if it is or not that way we can plan what we are going to do instead. If you can please help me out that would be awesome.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine