Colored Shoes

Online Users: 1,299 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 29

violet1275 Posts : 1 Registered: 11/21/08
Re: Colored Shoes
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 1:04 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

I think the idea of colored shoes is a fantastic one! I bought a pair of fuschsia & a pair of silver shoes and am still unsure as to which I will wear. However, my dress is satin with a lot crystals so the colored shoes really go with look of the dress. Your dress is absolutely gorgeous but I don't think I would do fuschia with it. You may want to consider silver or gold strappy heels if you want something a little different. Good luck with your decision.

Grace730 Posts : 1 Registered: 2/8/09
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 2:07 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

Hi Shauna,
I looked at your gown on Alfred Angelo, it's a beautiful style! I'm planning on wearing colored shoes also. I think pink shoes would add a fun, whimsical touch to a very classy dress. And, I don't think they would disturb the elegance of you're outfit (if that is the general look you're going for) they would show that a bride can be both elegant and non-traditional. My only suggestion to keep your pink shoes looking like bridal wear and not turning into little-girl, dress-up shoes is to choose a style that's as classy as your dress. I hope my words are helpful! I wish you the best of luck and many years of joy with your future husband.

Sincerely, AMS

"Amber Marie Smith and Zachary Michael Sprague... (AMS and ZMS) We are complete A thru Z, and everything else just falls into place."

Edited by: Grace730 on Apr 22, 2009 2:08 PM

kyevic Posts : 1 Registered: 4/21/09
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 3:42 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

okay, so i would definitely go with the fushia shoes if i were you. but i'd do the sandles. a closed toe shoe with that dress might be a bit too "Barbie". a strappy shoe will be a little more understated and a lot more elegant. there are no rules as to what color your shoes have to be.

i'm wearing red shoes - knee high fur-lined boots in crimson for the ceremony (outdoors in the middle of the winter- lot's of snow) and a 1 1/2" wedge ballet slipper in burgundy for the reception. i don't think i could wear all white. i'm just not that kind of girl. i wore black shoes for our first wedding (we're renewing our vows) and had a large black dragon embroidered on my white tafetta mandarin style dress. this time i'm wearing an ivory guinevere style gown with burgundy embroidery.
http://www.lindsayfleming.com/sabina/sabina.html.

imop

DAS824 Posts : 509 Registered: 8/24/07
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 4:14 PM Go to message in response to: kyevic

Thank you all for your opinions and great compliments about my dress :) I've been having severe second thoughts about it, so that's nice to hear....Desitny, I checked out your dress too and it's fabulous! You'll look beautiful!

I think I'm going to go ahead and go with the fuschia. I mean, it's what I really wanted in the beginning and I'm just too worried about it. It's not something to get so worked up over. I still need to decide a definite shoe, but I'm set on an open-toed, probably sandal shoe. I love the one I posted, however, it was a bit uncomfortable, so I'm going to hope I find something very similar.

Thanks again!! And I'm so happy to see the number of women who will wear or have worn colored shoes with their dresses :)

Shauna C...I can't wait!!

AmandaJ0 Posts : 34 Registered: 3/1/09
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 7:20 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

I just had to respond when I saw your question about colored shoes. I am wearing chocolate brown shoes with my wedding dress this September. The shoes match the color of my wedding (chocolate brown and pink).
I can also wear them after the wedding as well and not have to dye them. I paid $20 for my shoes at Payless and they feel great! The brown shoes make me smile and people who know me will laugh in a good way over my choice of footwear!
This is a picture of my wedding dress. The one I tried on was a size 12 and I wear a size 2 so please excuse the largeness of the dress. Following is a picture of my shoes.
Hope this helps!

Destiny123 Posts : 519 Registered: 5/5/08
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 8:43 AM Go to message in response to: DAS824

Thank you DAS. :)

I got my shoes at Payless, for 15 bucks I think. They're not TOO dressy, I'll most likely be wearing them with jeans long after the wedding. But they're dressy enough to go with my dress. That was the only place I found hot pink shoes I liked. And they're tall enough that I hardly need my dress taken up at all, but not so tall that my feet are uncomfortable in them....

Let us know what shoe you get!! :) Good luck!!

bunnybear05 Posts : 157 Registered: 1/7/09
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 11:20 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

I had the excat same thoughts that you did. I wanted to do tiffany blue colored shoes( the wedding colors are blue brown and ivory) but I started to worry that my dress had so much detail going on that I didn't know if it would look right. Plus I was having a hard time finding the exact color that I wanted. My FSIL found these for me. They are not the normal bridal shoe, so I will totaly wear them again. They are a mix of gold/silver which worked out perfectly cause my dress is ivory with silver embrodery and sequins/beading and the bridesmaid dress are chocolate brown. Plus, they are very comfortable and the pleating that is on the shoe matches the pleating detail that is on my train. I needed to find shoes that were a specific heel height because my dress length can't be altered. I can't wait to try them on with the dress in a couple months to see how they really look together. The dress link is posted in my bio and here are the shoes
Gwyneth Women's Envy Peep Toe Heel

beththebride Posts : 1 Registered: 2/23/09
Posted: Apr 25, 2009 5:57 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

Oooh... I haven't thought of that! Nor have I seen it before! I think it's a great idea to go for. Your outfit should show your personality..... go for it! As long it is tasteful, it'll look great!

(I've seen a picture of a friend wearing green sneakers at her wedding... although it matched her personality, i didn't think wearing sneakers with a white dress was tasteful... cute open-toe green shoes would be much better!)

Now i'm considering wearing light blue shoes for my wedding in Hawaii.... hmmmm.

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Apr 25, 2009 7:57 PM Go to message in response to: beththebride

I love the idea of colored shoes, especially if they fit your personality. Here is a picture of my dress:
dress.jpg My dress picture by biggred_1

Here are the shoes I wore and everyone loved them. I heard one of the guest even commented, that only I would wear shoes like this to my wedding. They were fabuolous and once pictures were over with I changed into a pair of sparkly white flip flops, which are very me, since I wear flip flops everywhere rain or shine!

DSCN1034.jpg

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.

Lao Tzu

halloweenexcite... Posts : 95 Registered: 7/18/08
Posted: Jun 19, 2009 5:42 PM Go to message in response to: Solothea

I agree. I just ordered my shoes today in valentine red. My colrs are red & black plus we are doing a costume reception. I am not big on being traditional, I like being different. I'm going as queen of hearts for the recetion so why not wear red shoes for both! You are only supposed to get married once so enjoy it as much as possible!!!!1

This will be the day we start are lives as one!

Fran

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
imghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10743;116/st/20091017/e/Our+Wedding/k/e6ae/event.png[/img]
[/url]

dancemom Posts : 2 Registered: 6/18/09
Posted: Jun 19, 2009 9:34 PM Go to message in response to: halloweenexcite...

I love the idea of colored shoes. I'm planning on wearing a pair of green open toe sandals, but my wedding is a little more casual/outdoors. My dress is tea-length so you'll definitely be able to see my shoes. I'm trying to not have to get a dyeable pair if I can find green ones from somewhere else, but there are cute dyeables at DB. go for it...

Stephy77 Posts : 109 Registered: 9/2/08
Posted: Jun 26, 2009 3:10 PM Go to message in response to: Darice

I so badly wanted to do the colored shoe thing. I didn't though I had so many people telling me dyeable shoes + a white dress = disaster if the shoes get wet and my Mom was horrified by the idea so I just bought cute white ones. I also always wanted a really nice designer pair for my wedding but ended up with reasonable priced run of the mill white bridal shoes. By the end of the night they were so filthy I tossed them. Not sure if this helps you decide at all but figured i'd share.

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 8:35 AM Go to message in response to: DAS824

San Patrick Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-san-patrick-c-420_454.html

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 25, 2012 12:16 AM Go to message in response to: DAS824

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 1912 is just $329.99.

SKinPA Posts : 6 Registered: 1/1/13
Posted: Jan 1, 2013 1:36 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

www.dreamingbabies.etsy.com

Wonderful, handmade and custom designed to whatever you want. Bridal and wedding party flip flops.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine