Color scheme help

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

zlah31 Posts : 1 Registered: 2/15/09
Color scheme help
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 4:21 PM

I am getting married in July 2010. We got engaged last summer on
July 4th so we are getting married on July 3rd 2010. My mom thinks I
should do a red white and blue theme which I dont want. Before knowing
the date I thought on pool/turquoise color with white and light pink.
The BM dresses will probably be tea length turq with white sashes, and
white and pink bouquet. The wedding will be in afternoon probably
around 230. The GM will wear black tuxes and I haven't decided on the
vest/tie color. I want it to have a summer feel but Groom does not like
white tuxes. How do I make groom stand out and keep the summer feel
during the wedding. Any opinions for this color scheme such as tuxes or flowers or any other ideas
would be greatly appreciated.
Amazed

RachelOS Posts : 70 Registered: 9/27/08
Re: Color scheme help
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 5:47 PM Go to message in response to: zlah31

Since your wedding will be at 2.30, it would be much more appropriate for them to wear suits (or even khaki and blazers) than tuxes. Khakis with navy blazers and pool and pink (and maybe white) ties would look very summery and adorable! A red, white, and blue wedding in July would be very hard to pull off without being cheesy, but I think that pool, pink, and white would be adorable! I was thinking about having a Christmas wedding that was light green, light pink, and silver (instead of hunter green, red, and gold), but it just didn't work out. You could also do navy, pink, and white, or pool, red, and white if you wanted a pop of a bolder color in there, but I think any of these color schemes could look great! You could also do a slight nautical theme if you wanted it to be 4th-of-July-ish without having stars and flags all over the place. I hope that this helps and good luck!

Aqua and Red: Two-Tone Tabletop

shakinros Posts : 30 Registered: 1/5/09
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 8:43 PM Go to message in response to: zlah31

The pool/light pink/white color scheme sounds wonderful. I second the suggestion for light pink and navy - I think it's a great color combo. If your groom isn't in to white, how about khaki? Black tuxes seem a bit heavy for an afternoon, summer wedding. Won't they be hot? Sweaty groomsmen are something you'd want to avoid in photos, I think.

So, maybe khaki pants and a navy blazer for the men, and a khaki suit for you groom. Here's a slide show from Details magazine showing the looks:

http://men.style.com/details/fashion/slideshow/v/04042007KAHKI?loop=0&iphoto=4&nphoto=6&play=false

emmalegler83 Posts : 2 Registered: 3/16/09
Posted: Mar 23, 2009 1:41 PM Go to message in response to: zlah31

First of all, congrats! I very much like the pool/turq. idea and I think a great way to have the groomsmen stand out is with ties. You never want a tux that is too loud but with ties you can get creative while also making sure you are representing your color scheme well.

Joules14 Posts : 3 Registered: 6/19/09
Posted: Jun 19, 2009 10:10 PM Go to message in response to: emmalegler83

I'm getting married this year july 3rd, and my groom and groomsmen are wearing seersucker suits from jcrew with navy blue ties. Women are wearing navy t-length dresses from target and the flowers are going to br virbrant yellow. It's a bit patriotic or 'nautical' and preppy with the navy, yellow, and white but not overly so as to be red, white and blue. Though we are having a red velvt wedding cake :-)
Because of the timing of your wedding i'd suggest pale grey suits or tuxes,(could be morning suits! they are so fun!) or even tan suits. the groom could stand out by adding a vest or by wearing a different tie. I think black tuxes are not comfy for an afternoon wedding in july. they will be hot!
2 weeks to go!

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 9:09 PM Go to message in response to: zlah31

A-line Dark Purple Strapless Drape Floor-length Prom Dress With Embellished Trim
Save up to 30% off on New Trend Prom Dress,the price is just $139.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-dark-purple-strapless-drape-floorlength-prom-dress-with-embellished-trim-p-31748.html

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 27, 2012 11:25 PM Go to message in response to: zlah31

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 1862 is just $389.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine