Any wedding books worth buying?

Online Users: 1,343 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 9

Tofu Posts : 66 Registered: 4/2/09
Any wedding books worth buying?
Posted: Jul 24, 2009 7:43 PM

Hi everyone,
I am wondering if anyone bought any kind of book (or magazine for that matter) that they thought was very helpful in terms of wedding planning
Thanks!

Cool

Friends2Lovers Posts : 1 Registered: 4/4/09
Re: Any wedding books worth buying?
Posted: Jul 25, 2009 1:26 AM Go to message in response to: Tofu

Hi! There are so many books and organizer and planners and lots of other things like that, that you can spend your money; however with the internet at your fingertips you really dont't need a book. Although I did by an expensive wedding planner/organizer, I really have not used it much. Instead I have a spiral that I am keeping all my notes in!

Hope this helps...Congrats by the way!
Photobucket 

Photobucket

GollumsGirl Posts : 57 Registered: 7/7/09
Posted: Jul 28, 2009 10:50 PM Go to message in response to: Friends2Lovers

I have read many great books about planning weddings and everything that goes with it. But before you head to a bookstore or to buy online, I strongly suggest you use your local library. It's free and they should have a lot more books than you would be willing to pay for. If you like a book enough then buy it, but why buy when you can borrow???

wedding tickers

Knoxvegas Posts : 951 Registered: 9/12/07
Posted: Jul 28, 2009 11:26 PM Go to message in response to: GollumsGirl

I also used a ring binder for all my wedding stuff. I did, however, find The Working Woman's Wedding Planner to be helpful (but you can get a lot of the info online). I also read One Perfect Day by Rebecca Mead. It is about the marketing of weddings. Not necessarily wedding planning but a good read for someone planning a wedding.

And, of course, I read Brides like crazy and clipped out ideas (I swear, I'm not on the payroll). I must have dozens of copies of that and others.

Oh, and I watched way too much Whose Wedding Is It Anyway? before the wedding. I actually used some ideas I saw on there.

"Love is not a matter of counting the years -- it's making the years count."

-Wolfman Jack Smith

CenturyGuy Posts : 16 Registered: 7/16/08
Posted: Jul 30, 2009 3:38 PM Go to message in response to: Knoxvegas

I'd agree with the previous poster that mentioned the internet being a great tool for your wedding planning. Sites like this and OneWed are excellent for answering a lot of your questions, and helping you to plan.

I'd also encourage you to plan for AFTER the wedding! :) A great book I could suggest that really helped me as a man understand my wife better, and love her in such a way that it was more meaningful than before even, was, "The Five Love Languages."

I highly recommend that book...for both the bride AND groom. It'd be great to read before your wedding even. :)

SillyGirl Posts : 63 Registered: 11/22/07
Posted: Jul 30, 2009 11:13 PM Go to message in response to: CenturyGuy

the offbeat bride, its a slightly different perspective on weddings with an emphasis on making it your own. Tho you can borrow it from most libraries. :)

rocky5 Posts : 23 Registered: 7/16/09
Posted: Aug 1, 2009 4:14 AM Go to message in response to: Tofu

the easy wedding planner(its pink) from weddingsolutions.com. you can get it at barnes and noble. i'm not sure how much it was because my friends got it for me when i first got engaged but it has been so helpful. i dont know the first thing about planning a wedding and this laid it all out there for me. it has a budgeter, a checklist, a business card holder and every different part of the wedding (reception, photography, ceremony, etc.) is sectioned off and has explanations and pockets that you can keep notes or pictures in. it has been sooo helpful. ooor if you dont want to spend any money, theknot.com is also great!

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 27, 2012 11:14 PM Go to message in response to: Tofu

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 1858 is just $339.99.

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 27, 2012 11:16 PM Go to message in response to: Tofu

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 1858 is just $339.99.

Uberoom1 Posts : 26 Registered: 12/10/12
Posted: Jan 4, 2013 12:35 PM Go to message in response to: Tofu

Hi Tofu,

Try reading 50 things every bride should know by Mandy Nachampassack-Maloney is a really nice book! Good Luck

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine