How To Lose Weight For Your Wedding

Online Users: 1,267 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

riveryan Posts : 15 Registered: 7/16/12
How To Lose Weight For Your Wedding
Posted: Jul 30, 2012 2:10 AM

One of the first things on a brideís mind after she becomes engaged is likely to be how she is going to look in a bridal gown. Most brides aim to lose a bit of weight before they get married, even those that are fairly slim to begin with. Unfortunately, many brides decide to starve themselves before the wedding to get the look they want, only to pile weight back on after the honeymoon.
Wedding dress plaza recommends that to lose weight effectively and keep it off, you need to look at making long term lifestyle changes, rather than going on a short term diet. You should look at the following five areas and see where you can make gradual changes:
1. What you eat. Keep a food diary detailing what you eat each day and see where you can substitute healthy alternatives to foods that are high in calories.
2. How much you eat. One of the simplest ways to lose weight is to cut down your portion sizes. Serve food on smaller plates and only eat until you feel full, not until you feel bloated.
3. When you eat. Do you eat a large meal late in the evening? Perhaps you could consider eating a larger lunch and just having a light snack in the evening. Make sure you arenít skipping breakfast, and try to avoid snacks between meals.
4. What you drink. Do you regularly drink alcohol, sugary fizzy drinks or hot drinks with milk and sugar? Try to cut down on these and look for healthier alternatives such as fruit teas. Make sure you drink six to eight glasses of water every day.
5. How you exercise. Find a form of exercise you enjoy, whether it is a brisk walk in the park or a dance class, and make sure you do it for an hour at least twice a week.
Weight loss timescale
Many brides leave it too late to start losing weight, resulting in crash dieting or near starvation in the weeks leading up to the wedding. To lose weight but stay healthy, your lifestyle and fitness regime should start around eight months before the wedding. You can safely lose around a kilogram a month and you should aim to reach your target weight about two months before the big day ready for your final dress fitting.
Tips for losing weight and keeping it off
Set a target weight and keep a weekly record of how your weight loss is progressing. Indicate milestones along the way and give yourself a little treat each time you reach one. Maintain your record after the wedding so you can see if the weight is staying off and give yourself a treat each month if you stay within a set weight range.

Flick through a wedding magazine and choose a photo of a bride you would like to look like. Pin it to your fridge door or store cupboard to remind you to think twice when youíre reaching for that snack food. Once youíre married, replace the photo with one of you on your wedding day to remind you how great you looked.

Joining a weight loss group, or finding a friend to lose weight with will keep you motivated and will make sure you weigh yourself regularly so the weight canít creep back on without you noticing. Letting friends and family know you are trying to lose weight will stop them tempting you with sweet treats.

maria328 Posts : 48 Registered: 3/9/12
Re: How To Lose Weight For Your Wedding
Posted: Aug 28, 2012 2:55 AM Go to message in response to: riveryan

Try to lose weight for a long time, but quite difficult to control my eating,drinking and exercise everyday...Maybe I will try on plus size wedding dress

jesy Posts : 9 Registered: 8/28/12
Posted: Aug 28, 2012 12:19 PM Go to message in response to: maria328

yes, why not? I mean, people are not the same, and I think it is better to put on a good larger gown than a tiny one which looks stuffed and feels uncomfortable.

walkertiffany618 Posts : 26 Registered: 8/13/12
Posted: Aug 28, 2012 10:58 PM Go to message in response to: riveryan

I also found some tips to lose weight, hope it can help you.
Gargantuan servings are one of the main calorie culprits of weight gain.

Slim Down Servings
Gargantuan servings are one of the main calorie culprits of weight gain. Start with small portions and take more only if you're still hungry. Experts even suggest that it's better to eat four or five small meals with moderate portions throughout the day than to have two or three large meals.

Tip for the taking: Carry healthy snacks with you when you're on the go like fruit, nuts, or granola bars. Healthy munching will not only keep your energy level up, it'll also keep you from binging on a big meal when you finally do sit down to eat.

Fill Up On Fruits and Veggies
If you fill up on fruit and vegetables every day, you'll have less room for more fattening treats. To keep your snacks interesting, find a good produce store where you can pick and choose from more than just carrots and celery sticks. Stash some exotic fruit in your bag for when you're running errands or at work. While you're at it, buy a good knife to make prep work on fruits and veggies painless and quick.

Tip for the taking: When cutting back on calories, it's crucial you take a daily multivitamin. Lack of vitamins and iron may leave you tired and inclined to reach for a candy bar or fatty snack.

Cut Back on Booze
A celebratory drink can cost you 150 calories or more. And that's if you only have one! Even if you're in the habit of having just a few drinks a week, cutting back on alcohol can save you hundreds of calories in the end. Save the cocktails for the special occasions coming up and sip water instead.

Tip for the taking: Can't give them up entirely? Try alternating alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages so you won't feel left out of the festivities.

Exercise!
Yes, this is an obvious one. But seriously -- do something (anything!) to get moving. Twenty minutes of exercise a day will do wonders to boost your energy and kick-start the calorie burning process. Walk to the grocery store, take the stairs at work, or at least do a few laps of window shopping in your local mall. If you're serious about shedding inches, aim to do 30-45 minutes of aerobic exercise (running, cycling, swimming) three or four days a week. Get a six-month workout regimen here.

Tip for the taking: Choose a time of the day when you usually feel motivated and energetic -- that way, you'll be more likely to stick with it. If you're a morning person, hit the gym before work. But if you're the "don't talk to me till I've finished my coffee" type, an evening or even a quick lunch workout may be better for you.

livluvs Posts : 3 Registered: 9/4/12
Posted: Sep 5, 2012 1:05 AM Go to message in response to: riveryan

Not sure if I am allowed to post here, but you mentioned joining a weight loss group... I have actually started a fb weight loss support group where we post recipes, work out tips, success updates, pitfalls, etc.. There are actually quite a few soon to be brides in the group all ready. It is a closed group but anyone interested is welcome to send me a request to join! The more the merrier! :)

http://www.facebook.com/groups/DownsizeMe/?notif_t=group_r2j

kalama Posts : 299 Registered: 7/26/12
Posted: Sep 5, 2012 2:24 AM Go to message in response to: riveryan

It is really a painful thing to lose weight,but when you did,every painful thing is worthy.I have lost about 6.5 kilos in a month,I ate little meat and some yogurt everyday, I think that I want to eat food all the time in that days.

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 25, 2012 12:02 AM Go to message in response to: riveryan

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 6731 is just $409.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine