NWR: childless and feeling bad

Online Users: 1,332 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 35

EveT2007 Posts : 1,949 Registered: 8/31/06
Re: NWR: childless and feeling bad
Posted: May 8, 2008 10:28 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

Wow, Lauren (77Chevy), you put it so eloquently!  And I am SO, SO SORRY for your horrific experience.  I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to become pregnant from being raped.

I know what you mean about being married to an older man, as that is my situation too.

And, Beauti, I admire your work as an RN.  That's a career I know I would not be cut out for.  I'm sure you are a positive presence in the lives of the women you provide care for.

Hugs to all of you wonderful ladies!

"When Women Vote, We All Win!"

EveT

77ChevyGirl Posts : 272 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: May 9, 2008 1:22 AM Go to message in response to: EveT2007

Hey Eve!  :)  I'll tell you, the pregnancy thing sucked in the aspect that an innocent life was brought into this world under such crappy circumstances, and then left so quickly.  It sucked too, that my baby's "father" was such an evil person, but I know in my heart that she is better off (especially without him!).

I'm no preacher, just someone who has seen a lot in a short life-time.  I know what I see and what I believe.  And one thing that I believe is that no one has the right to pass judgment on anyone based on whether or not they have children.  I, too, have been judged that way.  The saying goes you can't compare apples to oranges.  You also can't compare people.  I hope that you see by the responses to this what a bright & wonderful person you really are.  Don't let other people's ignorance bring you down.  You're too good for that!  ;)

And yay for older hubby's!  LOL  :)

~ Lauren - The Future Mrs. Harvey

futureMrsD Posts : 155 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 15, 2008 12:40 PM Go to message in response to: 77ChevyGirl

Hi!  I too wanted to chime in with my sympathies for all of the things you have gone through with this struggle.  It always makes me sad when I hear of women who really want to have babies and then have trouble with it.

I also wanted to share a comment that I hope will make you smile.  My mom too can be VERY thoughtless when it comes to what comes out of her mouth.  Recently I was lucky enough to be on one of those HGTV home makeoever shows, and I was so excited when our episode aired!  As soon as it was over, I called my mom and do you know what she said?  "Wow, it's true that TV really does put extra weight on you!"

LOL!  Wow, was I stunned and hurt by that one!

NOT that I am at all comparing such a silly stupid thing to your situation AT ALL, I'm just saying that sometimes moms don't realize how hurtful they can be -- they don't realize that they have the power to hurt their daughters more than anyone else sometimes.

You sound like a lovely person and I wish you all the best! 

EveT2007 Posts : 1,949 Registered: 8/31/06
Posted: May 15, 2008 1:14 PM Go to message in response to: futureMrsD

Oh, my!  MrsD, I am sorry about your mother's thoughtless comment!  I'm sure she felt bad about it later and wished she had thought of something nicer to say!

I have put this behind me, thanks to all of you sweet ladies and thanks also to my wonderful DH, who sent me (in the snail mail) not one but TWO cards for Mother's Day, one from our dog and one from him.  The one from him is a Peanuts in which Lucy says, "On Mother's Day, I want to make you feel the way you make me feel . . ." then on the inside Snoopy is dancing as Lucy says, "Fussed Over!"

I know we've all said things on occasion that hurt someone, whether we were in a nasty mood at the time or just not thinking.  Anyway it's great to have a place like this to share and help each other feel better!

"When Women Vote, We All Win!"

EveT

77ChevyGirl Posts : 272 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: May 15, 2008 5:23 PM Go to message in response to: EveT2007

I'm glad you're feeling better, hon!  :)  You are such a wonderful person, and I hate to see ANYONE bring you down.

Take good care!!  :)

~ Lauren - The Future Mrs. Harvey

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 24, 2012 3:26 PM Go to message in response to: EveT2007

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 3131 is just $429.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine