ANXIETY AND NERVOUSNESS

Online Users: 1,246 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

LotusButterfly Posts : 1 Registered: 2/9/09
ANXIETY AND NERVOUSNESS
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 11:07 AM

My fiance is German and I am leaving to Germany soon, will be there until a month before the wedding, in which I will come back home and finish planning. And the planning is the least of my worries. I'm so nervous about moving so far away!!!!!!!!!! I don't even speak German, I'm leaving before the wedding to enter language school and learn how to talk.... OMG, but sometimes I get so nostalgic, and I haven't even left yet! IS THIS NORMAL? My stomach feels funny all the time cries. Anyone been through something like this????

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Re: ANXIETY AND NERVOUSNESS
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 2:38 PM Go to message in response to: LotusButterfly

I think it's normal for you to feel nervous. Where do you live now? Moving to a totally different place can be scary. I think you will be fine though. Eventually you will get used to your new home and you may end up actually liking it. Think of it has a new place to start your new life with your husband :) You will get to make new friends, meet new people, learn new things, and visit a new place. I think you will like it once the nerves calm down :)

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 4:39 PM Go to message in response to: LotusButterfly

Welcome to the boards. I think what you are feeling is perfectly normal. I moved from Canada to the USA to marry my husband. You would think there wouldn't be that many cultural differences, but I went from the west coast of Canada to the southeast coast of USA and there are not only differences between the countries the coasts and the north and south. Enrolling in a language class is a great idea. Preparation really is key. If I were you I would do as much online research as possible, from restaurants to maps of the location you will be living, to services for visitors and tourists. It will ease your mind and also make you excited about the adventure you are about to go on. The difference between excitement and fear really is just a matter of perspective so take that anxiety and turn it into excitement. With the internet and the technology we have now such a big move can't be nearly as scary as it used to be. Good luck!

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 4:44 PM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

I'm so jealous! I would love for the chance to live abroad!! I hope you really embrace it as a chance to live and grow and learn! Have fun!!

IMG_7463.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

10/26/08 

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 5:02 PM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

Nal moving across the continents wasn't enough for you?! haha you've been here longer than I have so I will probably feel that way in a few years.

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 5:09 PM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

Yeah... maybe that's what it is. I think I would enjoy europe a lot more than Virginia. :P

IMG_7463.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

10/26/08 

lmc07 Posts : 271 Registered: 1/4/07
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 7:29 AM Go to message in response to: LotusButterfly

Congrats on your engagment!!

Moving is never easy especially if you are going to live in another country! I have never moved as far as you are going to do, but I once lived in Germany (for around 5 yrs). I am from Austria so the move wasn't that big, but I also felt anxious and nervous to be there without anyone I know, so I know how you feel right now.

I think the best you can do is to prepare yourself as best as you can:

Learning the language is a good start. It isn't easy, but I am sure you going to cope. Btw, we have a famous US Ski Worldchampion (Lindsey Vonn) living here in Austria and she speaks German fluently!! ;) AND don't worry a lot of people speak English especially the younger ones!!

When you move to Germany contact your local embassy. I know that here in Austria we have a lot of American Associations where people help each other with everything. I am sure the embassy has some contact infos!!

The food over here is definitely different, so I would recommend you to search for a local store which offers US food. And be prepared that it cost A LOT more than you are used to. OR let someone send you some of your favourite food once in a while. It helps when you get homesick!! (When I was living in Germany I brought my favourite food with me everytime I was visiting my parents.) Oh and if you like to cook your favourite recipes don't forget to take
your measuring cups and other gadgets with you as over here everything
is measured differently.

Try to think of all the opportunites you'll have living in Europe: You can go skiing in the alps (like Austria ;)), travel to Italy, visit France, bath at the Costa Brava in Spain....and so on.
BTW, where are you going to move to in Germany??

I am wishing you all the best!!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 8:30 PM Go to message in response to: LotusButterfly

Save up to 22% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $218.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/ball-gown-strapless-ruffles-organza-wedding-dress-style-giselle-p-33756.html

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 19, 2012 8:46 PM Go to message in response to: LotusButterfly

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 4906 is just $329.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine