Ideas for covering up facial scars

Online Users: 1,248 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

Desiree9 Posts : 1 Registered: 12/3/11
Ideas for covering up facial scars
Posted: Dec 3, 2011 6:18 PM

Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum and I am looking for ideas on how to cover up a scar on my face before the big day. The scar is indented, so when I put makeup over it you can still see it...I tried filler injections but they were expensive and didn't work. My dermatologist was telling me about a product called Dermaflage that is topical and fills in the scar. Anyone ever tried it? The website makes it look pretty amazing. Trying to get the word on it before I pull the trigger

Thanks!!!

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: Ideas for covering up facial scars
Posted: Dec 3, 2011 7:51 PM Go to message in response to: Desiree9

Dear Desiree,

I'd say go with your dermatologist's recommendation.

Besides, nobody's perfect. Everyone has some kind of weird thing like moles, birthmarks, etc. You are you! Hold your head high!

kellyYang Posts : 1 Registered: 12/26/11
Posted: Dec 26, 2011 2:54 PM Go to message in response to: Desiree9

Hi maybe you can try using bb cream to cover it up. I recommend using the bb cream from Aestier as it uses an effective fusion of ingredients to achieve lightening, skin repair, and UV protection.

You can find it here http://www.drsecretstore.com/shop/en/aestier-organic-skin-care-line/aestier-6-total-base-concealer-bb-cream-formula-spf-25-p-239

Lyndzo Posts : 8 Registered: 1/13/12
Posted: Jan 13, 2012 10:10 AM Go to message in response to: Desiree9

Have you tried a foundation product by a brand called Cover FX? They have amazing products that give great coverage. They were specially designed for people with specific skin conditions such as scars and burns.

I'm not sure how indented your scar is, but it may be worth a try. I have acne scars on my face and this foundation covers them great!

julia87 Posts : 4 Registered: 3/1/12
Posted: Mar 9, 2012 3:13 AM Go to message in response to: Lyndzo

Well, it is possible to get a special treatment to cover up facial scars I think or you use make up. But that's only for the moment of course, a long term treatment would be more efficient and long-lasting.

alexhutton Posts : 3 Registered: 4/28/11
Wedding Hair Tips
Posted: Jun 5, 2012 5:50 AM Go to message in response to: julia87

There’s nothing better than getting a professional facial, but they can be expensive. To maintain your healthy skin between professional treatments or to do them yourself, try this basic at-home facial once a week. This basic facial works on oily, dry and combination skin.
Cheap Clothing|Women Fashion Store|Fashion Stores

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Dec 5, 2012 7:35 AM Go to message in response to: Desiree9

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 1236 is just $369.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine