engaged men wearing wedding bands prior to wedding

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 19
Re: engaged men wearing wedding bands prior to wedding
Posted: Jul 9, 2007 5:12 PM Go to message in response to: JAllen

My FH works with his hands a lot so when we started picking out his w-ring he decided on a band with diamonds but said he wouldn't wear it to work because it would get too damaged.  Out solution was to get two rings, one with diamonds and a plain band to wear to work.  We had to special order the diamond band but he walked out of the jewlery store wearing the plain band and has had it on ever since.  I thought he would eventually take it off or forget to wear it but nope, not the case, its always on!

TickledPeenk Posts : 175 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Jul 19, 2007 3:48 PM Go to message in response to: FALLbrideINLOVE

My branch manager just got engaged last weekend.  He and his fiance went to Robbins Brothers and picked out all 3 rings.  He's wearing his because his fiance said he might as well. 

It's his second marriage, his wife died of cancer a few years ago.  So I suspect part of it is that he probably misses wearing a ring, but I'm not sure.  Not exactly something you ask...

My FH will wait until the wedding to wear his, but he does want to get a watch or bracelet or something for our engagment.

LochNessie Posts : 1,631 Registered: 4/2/07
Posted: Jul 19, 2007 10:39 PM Go to message in response to: TickledPeenk

My FH doesn't wear a ring, but he said something about it out of the blue the other day.  I don't know where he heard it from and he said he didn't really want to do it, but I don't know.  Secretly, I think he might.  

-Ness 

And when you say forever can't you see you've already captured me. - Mae 

Brielle2 Posts : 1 Registered: 10/22/12
We do!
Posted: Oct 22, 2012 10:50 PM Go to message in response to: FALLbrideINLOVE

Both me and my FiancÚ wear our wedding bands and the wedding isn't for another 6+ months. I only wore my engagement ring up until the other day when my wedding band came in... I put it on to try it out and I never took it off. Same with my fiancÚ, when his wedding band came in last month he just put it on. I guess it's because we are just so anxious to be married , it just feels like one step closer... My parents and family have given us a lot if crap about if, saying how weird it is. But I just tell them it's a choice between us two and they need to butt out!

kalama Posts : 299 Registered: 7/26/12
Posted: Oct 22, 2012 11:47 PM Go to message in response to: FALLbrideINLOVE

I have heard such thing before,maybe it is a fashion new item1

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine