mother of groom snubbed

Online Users: 1,262 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 28

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: mother of groom snubbed
Posted: Feb 2, 2012 10:07 PM Go to message in response to: sharondvt

Dear Sharon,

"I wonder if you even have children, or if you have ever had your heart crushed by one. "

Did you not read what I wrote about having two adult sons of my own? And, no, neither son has "crushed" my heart. They are wonderful young men.

Posted: Feb 2, 2012 10:30 PM Go to message in response to: MagicalMomentsP...

Dear Howard,

"We both remember Woodstock first hand and can claim to have seen the Beatles live on TV (or perhaps in concert). "

1 2 3 What are we fighting for? Don't ask me because I don't give a damn, next stop is Viet Nam.

And it's 5 6 7 open up the pearly gates! Don't even stop to wonder why whoopee we're all going to die.

MagicalMomentsP... Posts : 742 Registered: 3/6/06
Posted: Feb 3, 2012 12:57 AM Go to message in response to: Aunt

Hell no, we won't go

Howard Kier, Certified Professional Wedding Photographer

Magical Moments Photography

npgirl21 Posts : 10 Registered: 8/22/11
Posted: Feb 3, 2012 11:25 AM Go to message in response to: sharondvt

This to me sounds like a whole lot of DRAMA!!! Which is what your son dose not want at his wedding. So not allowing you to bring your boyfriend/husband-whatever he may be would possibly be drama. Plus maybe he is trying to help you not look so bad, 3 guys that have been with you, plus this guy is new. He has a connection with his dad & stepdad. Also if your not helping pay for anything then you don't get to decide who can or can't come. This is their day, they are going to do what they want. You as his mom need to respect them, move on, and either attend the wedding or not. But if you decided not to attend, don't be susprised if he dosn't talk to you, and that means you could miss out on grandchildren, etc.

npgirl21 Posts : 10 Registered: 8/22/11
Posted: Feb 3, 2012 11:31 AM Go to message in response to: npgirl21

Also this is smething my future MIL would do, and we would tell her she was not able to come, so dont be susprised if this happens.

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 11:38 AM Go to message in response to: MagicalMomentsP...

Dear Howard,

You are one far-out groovy dude.

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 3:45 PM Go to message in response to: Aunt

Peace

2dBride Posts : 158 Registered: 3/16/09
Posted: Feb 3, 2012 5:52 PM Go to message in response to: MagicalMomentsP...

Now you two have me remembering back to the days when I was arrested in an antiwar demonstration, and shared a jail cell with an entire Quaker meeting. ;-)

Our wedding Web site and items for sale

sharondvt Posts : 8 Registered: 1/31/12
Posted: Feb 3, 2012 7:13 PM Go to message in response to: Aunt

Then your very fortunate because it is THE most painful thing a Mother can experience.

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 9:25 PM Go to message in response to: sharondvt

Then your very fortunate because it is THE most painful thing a Mother can experience.

Oh the drama! Actually the most painful thing in the world for any parent to experience is the death of their child.

canadianmusicia... Posts : 6 Registered: 1/23/08
Posted: Feb 6, 2012 1:33 PM Go to message in response to: MagicalMomentsP...

This is hilarious! I love Aunt's responses... I think you should be MY aunt. hahahaha

This is your son's wedding day. Put aside the drama and salvage your relationship with your son before you lose it altogether.

Posted: Feb 7, 2012 12:24 PM Go to message in response to: canadianmusicia...

Ladies,

The moderators deleted my response, probably for the use of foul language.

I don't often use foul language, but save it for "extreme" circs.

A woman stating that being invited to her son's wedding without her boyfriend is the worst thing that could happen to a mother was one of those rare occasions for foul language.

I'd venture to say we might hear more foul language should we solicit the opinions of moms who have lost their children in military service, to a drunk driver or to a terminal illness.

Serenitynow Posts : 1 Registered: 10/18/12
Posted: Oct 18, 2012 7:20 AM Go to message in response to: sharondvt

Wow, Sharon, this is a tough site, I feel for you. Why can't you go on with your life, for heavens sake without people here judging you?? Maybe you shouldn't go to the wedding - I just returned from my son's wedding and it was devastating. I raised him as a single Mom, gave him everything and had a great relationship, I thought. The night before the wedding, after I deposited $10,000.00 in his account, as he requested, and ran around all day doing errands for him and his bride to be, he told me I was the best Mom in the world. But the next day, the wedding day - holy hell! I was blindsided - omitted from the family photo session ( only the brides side was included) and put in the third of four rows at the reception, by the kitchen. Bride's family in the first row, grooms fam in the back. I couldn't even see the bride and groom from there. My son ignored me all night, and didn't thank me in his speech, her parents weren't thanked either. It was a nightmare. My family and friends wanted me to leave they found it all so humiliating and felt sorry for me - I hung in but it almost killed me - I was heartbroken. Why did my son allow this to happen? Thats the burning question. He IS with a control freak by all accounts but I blame him, he was weak and threw me under the bus to please her...one more fact, a month before the wedding, the bride sent me the dress she wanted me to wear - she paid 50 bucks on Amazon - which is fine but the dress was a size. 14, Im a size 8. and it looked like something a nun would wear in the 1940's. Btw, she wore Vera wang - it cost $10,000.00 and her Mom wore a $600.00 BCBG silk mesh with rhinestones. So there you have it...the way things worked out, i wish I wasn't invited. I paid for everything for my son all his life, but oddly enough they wouldn't take money for the wedding, although I kept offering it, except for the 10 thou. They said I could give them money later..now I know why, so they could shut me out. But I'll have news for them - there is no later. I was merely a guest at my son's wedding to please his possessive bride...so I'm going to learn from this and not be a bank anymore! But if someone here wants to criticize me, I'll agree with them on one point - I raised a spoiled brat and now Im living with the consequences. My condolences to other parents who have done the same....

Posted: Oct 18, 2012 9:02 AM Go to message in response to: Serenitynow

Hello Serenity,

I'm sorry to hear about the way you were treated at the wedding. Unfortunately, as a wedding photographer, I see this happen from time to time. From your description of the way you were treated, it sounds like the photographer was not informed nor were you given any opportunity to request any photos of your side of the family. However, this could also speak to the inexperience of the photographer or the style of photography employed.

Simply put, an inexperienced photographer would not notice that only one side of the new family was being photographed. They would also not take precautions to make sure as many people attending the wedding were in photos. That includes not only those who are dancing but the older people sitting at tables. Meanwhile, if the photographer was a pure Photojournalist, they would not take formal photos.

For whatever reason, the bride and her family felt this wedding was about them and making their family look good. Frankly, the way a man treats his mom is an indication of how he will treat his wife. Sad to say, there will come a day when he will treat his wife as a bank or maid. When that day comes, he will either find another woman like her or realize his mistake and beg your forgiveness. In the meantime, please move on with your life. Keep yourself busy with friends and perhaps you have nieces and nephews who will welcome you with open arms.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine