Moon Palace Advice

Online Users: 1,285 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3
Moon Palace Advice
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 2:54 PM

Hi all,

My wedding at the Moon Palace, Cancun is a month away. Any recomendations for resturants for the dinner? Any other recomendations about anything and everything?

LizS Posts : 1,982 Registered: 3/30/06
Re: Moon Palace Advice
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 5:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ocean sucks there, but pools are great.  Rooms are very nice too.  Food is just ALRIGHT...nothing too special.  Make reservations at one of the two restaurants at the golf course club house.  They are the nicest there and they book up FAST!  Great drinks.  I loved their banana pina colodas....yummy!  We were just at the resort February 2007. 

PLACES TO GO:  Mayan ruins in tulum.  Rent a car and spend the day at their beach.  Very pretty.  Visit the ecological park nearby too.

PLACES TO AVOID:  Isla Mujeres.  Not worth the time or money.  Snorkeling in the area SUCKS and you can shop anywhere.  Island is gross too. 

Catherine88 Posts : 170 Registered: 7/26/12
Posted: Oct 5, 2012 2:09 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

walkertiffany618 Posts : 26 Registered: 8/13/12
Posted: Oct 7, 2012 10:01 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Choosing your honeymoon destination neednít be a minefield, though itís hard not to feel the pressure to get it right. Even working in travel doesnít exempt you from this Ė I drove my husband mad with dithering between countless destinations, which stretched from Brazil to Vietnam to Australia and, finally, to South Africa. The truth is, wherever you go will be amazing, because youíll have just gotten married, and that alone, holiday or no holiday, is a fantastic feeling.

If youíre just beginning to think about honeymoons, or are stuck in a bit of a muddle about yours, hereís a few pointers that are worth bearing in mind to help you make your decision.

How long you can go away for Itís easy, when you initially start planning, to forget to consider how much time is lost in getting to your destination Ė once you factor in flights, a two-week trip suddenly becomes ten days if youíre going to Australia. You donít want to spend ages getting to your honeymoon if you donít have adequate time to wind down and enjoy yourself before heading home again.

How much you can spend Chances are, youíll probably be happy spending more on your honeymoon than you would on a normal holiday, though you may feel, with everything else that a wedding entails, that you canít splurge as much as you want. This is a really important thing to consider Ė the last thing you want to do is spend the whole trip worrying about how much you are spending.

How much money you can spend will of course affect your destination Ė £4000 will get you a lot further in southeast Asia than in Europe Ė though you do have to factor in more expensive flights. Itís worth considering that if you book your holiday through a travel agent you will probably just have to pay an initial deposit, with the remaining amount payable shortly before departure Ė this can be a great idea as it helps you to spread the cost a little. Conversely, booking everything independently can save you even more money Ė we found that some travel agents quoted us £1000 more than it would have cost us to put the same trip together ourselves.

Remember though that honeymoons donít have to be expensive and thereís plenty of options for keeping the cost down (which Iíll cover over the next few weeks), whether itís a case of going closer to home, booking a package or setting up a honeymoon gift list.

Time of year Chances are, youíve already booked your wedding date or at least know roughly when itís going to be. This will undoubtedly have an impact on where you can go Ėfor example, if youíre getting married in June and have your heart set on a beach honeymoon in Thailand, youíll need to head to the Gulf Coast islands in order to avoid the worst of the rains.

What you want to do If youíre in a real quandary about where to go, sit down with your fiance(e) and talk about what you want to be able to do on your honeymoon. It sounds rather dull, but when we were planning ours, I found the best way to narrow down our options was to make a list of what we wanted. So ours went something like: great food, lots of wildlife, snorkelling, easy to get around, and a vibrant city. Okay, so it didnít completely narrow things down for us, but it helped us to focus on what we wantedÖ.and eventually we got there.

Have fun Seriously. Thereís enough to get stressed about in the run-up to your wedding without stressing about this. If you canít face the thought of planning anything else, find a travel agent you can trust. A good travel agent will listen to what you want and make suggestions based on your budget and when you want to travel. Best of all, youíre under no obligation to book through them if you decide youíve found something better. Alternatively, drop me a line, and Iíll see what ideas I can come up with.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine