Wedding Dress fittings experience??

Online Users: 1,367 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 13

loulan531 Posts : 31 Registered: 12/1/11
Wedding Dress fittings experience??
Posted: Dec 31, 2011 1:52 AM

So I've never yet been to any bridal shops to try on dresses. I was curious about the experience. Are you supposed to wear what you plan on wearing the day of the wedding underneath? (I'm not sure yet what I will be wearing underneath) Do you make sure to wear a strapless bra? I really don't want anyone to see my tummy, can I ask them to leave the room while I put on the dress? Just wondering what it's like to try on wedding dresses!

jjjune Posts : 60 Registered: 1/6/12
Re: Wedding Dress fittings experience??
Posted: Jan 15, 2012 8:39 PM Go to message in response to: loulan531

You should wear the undergarments you plan on wearing on your wedding day.

Caite Posts : 5 Registered: 1/5/11
Posted: Jan 24, 2012 9:54 PM Go to message in response to: loulan531

I have not tried on wedding dresses...yet :) I am totally addicted to Say Yes to the Dress on TLC, it is a show that takes you inside a Manhattan Bridal boutique. That show is incredible and very helpful, I would suggest that you watch that show and see what the boutique experience is like :)

"More than anything and everything..."

jjjune Posts : 60 Registered: 1/6/12
Posted: Jan 24, 2012 11:55 PM Go to message in response to: Caite

The problem, IMHO, with that show is that it sets very high expectations. If you're shopping at David's or the vast majority of other stores your experience won't be like it is on Say Yes. It's on TV because it's a bit sensationalized. The service and emotional investment shown on that show just ain't happening for most people, and it could be very disheartening to realize it. I love that show and was pretty bummed to realize its not reality at all. :(

heather432 Posts : 3 Registered: 4/23/09
Posted: Feb 4, 2012 1:34 PM Go to message in response to: loulan531

Some of the shops provide you with undergarments but I always preferred to wearing my own. You could wear spanx or some body shaper wear to help you get an idea of what your dress would look like.

springbride23 Posts : 20 Registered: 12/16/11
Posted: Feb 17, 2012 11:02 AM Go to message in response to: heather432

I suggest going to your nearest David's Bridal salon. They provide you with garments to change into and they leave you in the room so you can have privacy while changing. They also sell the garments. They are all nice and extremely helpful.

The Heart Wants What The Heart Wants.

Rini Posts : 14 Registered: 4/10/12
Posted: Apr 26, 2012 2:50 AM Go to message in response to: loulan531

I also want to share my experience of fitting of the dress i . I purchased one dress form www.grandgowns.com as suggested by one of mine friends... First time i have purchased some dress online and i was little worried abt it

But as my dress recd i was just surprised by the fitting and quality of their work... I was just like wow. Grandgowns.com impressed me and my family and my bridemaids with their A-line High Neck Court Train Satin Ruffles , Lace , Appliques , Beading Wedding Dress

http://www.grandgowns.com/wholesale-lace-wedding-dresses-gwbnl0062

Hope this will help out u also ladies

Any order placing issue, pls contact presale@grandgowns.com
If any aftersale issue, pls contact aftersale@grandgowns.com

TinaMei Posts : 33 Registered: 7/7/12
Posted: Jul 14, 2012 3:22 AM Go to message in response to: Rini

http://www.asterweddinggown.com/vneck-lace-wedding-dress-party.html

Understanding the different fashion trends and silhouettes that are the toast of the season is important while choosing a wedding dress, it is also important to pay attention to the V-neck Lace Wedding Dress etiquette which needs you to dress according the event. Being a slave to fashion trends is an extremely bad idea as there is a possibility that a silhouette that is a rage on the catwalk may be unflattering for you. What you could do is always adopt the style to suit your body type and then accessorize it in ways to make you stand out at the party. Given below are some tips that can give you fresh new eyes to choose the perfect wedding dress .

These were just a few tips that will help you understand how to choose a V-neck Lace Wedding Dress. Try and keep them in mind the next time you go shopping.

It is always a good idea to decide on your dress depending on how you received your invitation. If you were invited over the phone or sent an e-mail, then chances are that the event is a casual affair but at the same time if you were sent an invitation by post or personally invited, then it is probably a more formal event. Strapless Lace Wedding Dress are more suitable for such wedding.

Avoid Custom Wedding Dresses that are full length gowns which make you look like you are about to walk the red carpet. Choose a V-neck Lace Wedding Dress that has a length that ranges between being a mini or just above the ankles. Also the fabric that you choose should be in accordance with the season. Wearing a wool blend dress in the summers will only make you sweat.

Although V-neck Lace Wedding Dress has great advantages. Do not choose a dress that makes you uncomfortable. If you are a little closed to the idea of showing off your arms in a strapless or sleeveless dress, but love the overall fit of the dress, then you could opt to carry a shrug or a stole that will help you hide the arm area.

The most important part of any V-neck Lace Wedding Dress is to accessorize it well. Do not go overboard with jewelery. Always wear one eye catching piece instead of wearing several ornaments. Try and experiment with colors and cuts. You can also do so with the shoes that you wear contrasting it with the color of your dress.

See Also:Perfect A-line wedding dress for your perfect wedding

NiamhMaire Posts : 92 Registered: 6/7/12
Posted: Jul 16, 2012 11:00 AM Go to message in response to: loulan531

Ofcoarse you can. You are entitled to your privacy whenever you are trying clothing on in store. I recommend wearing something similar to what you plan on wearing on the day.

It's a wonderful experience going shopping for your wedding dress. I hope you enjoy the day and don't get too stressed. A good thing to remember is - it's not quite like the movies. You'll have to try on 20 dresses before you you get that dress that takes your breath away.

Bing/a> |

Catherine88 Posts : 170 Registered: 7/26/12
Posted: Sep 10, 2012 3:47 AM Go to message in response to: loulan531

You can wear a underwear,and you can ask them for a while leaving if you don't want they see you.You should have a try of you wedding dress before you purchase it.

aley Posts : 16 Registered: 9/6/12
Posted: Sep 18, 2012 2:46 AM Go to message in response to: loulan531

I never experience this before but I'm totally looking forward to it :D

from what my friends said, you need to wear some undergarment like a corset. hehe

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 7:26 PM Go to message in response to: loulan531

A-line Saphhire Floral One-shoulder Drape Side Slit Backless Floor-length Prom Dress
Save up to 32% off on New Trend Prom Dress,the price is just $149.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-saphhire-floral-oneshoulder-drape-side-slit-backless-floorlength-prom-dress-p-31718.html

jackben Posts : 2 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 11:32 PM Go to message in response to: loulan531

This dress is gorgeous!!!! The detail is absolutely Stunning! The sizes do run small, but then again, show a wedding dress that doesn't. I was VERY pleasantly surprised with the quality of this dress.
click here: http://www.ilovebridal.co.uk/simple-style-pure-white-strapless-pleated-aline-wedding-dress-p-325.html

Edited by: jackben on Sep 27, 2012 11:32 PM

kalama Posts : 299 Registered: 7/26/12
Posted: Oct 4, 2012 2:35 AM Go to message in response to: loulan531

You can have a try in a physical wedding dress store to get know which style fits better,then you can ask the price,if it is so expensive you can find the same style online!Here is a nice online wedding store, you can have a look of it!http://www.asapbay.com/

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine