I知 Back as MRS.PENMAN!! & question

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7
I知 Back as MRS.PENMAN!! & question
Posted: Jun 19, 2007 1:00 PM

Hi ladies,

It’s good to be back. I had a wonderful time in St. Lucia. It was so hectic that I didn’t even have time to say goodbye. When I returned to work the IT department had changed my email and password to my new name (they are so sweet). I’m waiting for my professional pics before I post them. Everyone is saying how beautiful I looked and how perfect the dress was. I need to see the pics.

I was just enjoying the wonders of being married. I can’t stop staring at my hand.

My question is; do you plan to go back to work right away or wait a while, I mean after being married. And do you plan to start your family right away?

We plan on waiting until probably next year before we start trying to conceive. We want to get financially stable, especially after the wedding costs. I’m working now, but I don’t thing I will want to return if we started our family, as much as I love my job.

soon to join the clan

Daisypath Ticker

RockysGirl Posts : 1,125 Registered: 10/24/06
Re: I知 Back as MRS.PENMAN!! & question
Posted: Jun 19, 2007 2:42 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

The day after our HM was Memorial Day, but I was back at work on Tues and will be until I retire as far as I can see.  As for children, we're going to wait a while.  We aren't sure how long, but DH wants to wait until he's out of school.  He starts this fall, so that will be a while.  We are almost 30 though, so I'm thinking it's going to be more like 3 years.  I plan on continuing to work though because I can't immagine my life without the office.  That's what I enjoy.  It is a possibility though that DH could be a work from home dad.  He is getting into computers and could do a lot of the work that he wants to do from home, so we'll see.

Posted: Jun 26, 2007 2:07 PM Go to message in response to: RockysGirl

My fiance and I are super-excited to have kids, because that's the type of people we are, but we decided to wait because we are trying to think of our relationship as a married couple a bit before focusing on "the kids." We went on those required "pre-marriage retreats" the Catholic church makes you go to, and it made us realize how important taking time for each other is. There is nothing wrong with starting right away, but just be prepared to not have that cutesy-imarried-in-love glamourous stuff until you're like 45. My parents had me right away, and now that they are finally empty nesters, this is the first time I have ever seen them treat each other like best friends, not parent-partners.

NewMrsSass Posts : 722 Registered: 12/31/06
Posted: Jun 26, 2007 2:19 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Congratulations MRS. Penman!  So nice to hear that the wedding and honeymoon were so great.  Post those pics when you get them!

I will still be in school when we get married. 

We won't start trying till after we buy a house, which probably won't be until I graduate.  Then we'll probably wait till I'm working long enough to get paid leave.  

Posted: Jun 26, 2007 7:12 PM Go to message in response to: NewMrsSass

We got so many photos (1131) plus what friends took. Below is the link to a few. I just can;t stop showing everyone, and a lot a people want to sit and see all of them (they are my new best friends).

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AbOWLVi2bNmLnw

soon to join the clan

Daisypath Ticker

Artsychck Posts : 50 Registered: 1/11/07
Posted: Jun 26, 2007 11:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Your dress is so beautiful and unique, and you looked gorgeous in it! Congratulations!

ticker 

Soon to be Matt's Wife!!

LochNessie Posts : 1,631 Registered: 4/2/07
Posted: Jul 1, 2007 2:03 PM Go to message in response to: Artsychck

Wow, you looked amazing!  Congratulations!

We're waiting to have kids.  Neither of us will work jobs that we'll be able to work from home.  With his job (unless he goes straight into teaching after his PhD), we'll be moving a lot and I don't think that's fair to kids.  Plus, he gets his masters this May and then starts his PhD.  We want to at least wait until he's done that before kids, if he has them at all.  So straight back to work for me and to school for him!

-Ness 

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 8:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ball Gown Strapless Ruffles Organza Wedding Dress Style Giselle
Save up to 22% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $218.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/ball-gown-strapless-ruffles-organza-wedding-dress-style-giselle-p-33756.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine