Newbie =/

Online Users: 1,338 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 8

correyelle Posts : 1 Registered: 3/21/10
Newbie =/
Posted: Mar 22, 2010 5:03 PM

My wedding day is coming up which means my wedding night is. Everytime I think about it I get this nervous feeling. I am young and have no experience "in bed". What should I expect and how should I prepare?

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Newbie =/
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 8:08 AM Go to message in response to: correyelle

Dear Correy,

Look back at all the times you learned how to do something new involving major muscle groups. Do you remember learning how to ride a bike? Do you remember learning how to swim? Play tennis? Climb a tree?

It's much like that. You feel dorky at first, but with time you and your body learn how to get everything together. A kid getting on the bike for the first time is scared, but excited. The kid has to concentrate on where the hands go, where the feet go, and how to move the feet in a one up one down rhythm. There are some spills, and some tears, then it all comes together. You go riding down the street, with the wind in your hair, and you feel on top of the world.

Sex is a lot like that. It's physical activity and you will have to learn how to get your body to work at something new.

FutureMrsKlein Posts : 164 Registered: 5/2/09
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 1:22 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

I'm sure it will be special for you, but please know that for many people the first time isn't the best. Don't think about it too much and enjoy the moment, as goofy as it may be, and what it means to the two of you. Maybe have a glass of wine before hand to loosen yourself up about it.

Most of all.....enjoy the second time. :)

(Don't be afraid to laugh at yourself- imo, while I love it, sex can be pretty funny sometimes.)

NicoleN1101 Posts : 44 Registered: 3/19/10
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 1:51 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

I love AOTB's explaination... Just relax and don't overthink it. I'm sure you've got it worked up in your head of exactly how you think it should be, and it might be just like that, but probably not exactly. Don't hold yourself to too many expectations, just try to enjoy the experience.
If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!

Sunnijoy Posts : 32 Registered: 3/19/10
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 1:52 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

Future Mrs.Klein is right.

I was a virgin on my wedding night as was my husband and our first time was AWKWARD! But it HAS gotten much better since then.
Honestly, my husband and I have been married seven months and we are STILL discovering new ways to enjoy our intimitate time together. And I view that as a great blessing. I am so grateful and happy that I am experiencing all my firsts with my husband and that is something he cherishes about me.
Do your best to forget your nerves and enjoy being with your husband. Everything will work out and you will be one happy camper. :)

"Man's chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever." ~Westminister Catechism

I try to spread my message to the world the best way that I can give it
We can make it, always be optimistic
If you don’t listen, gotta live my life the best way that I can live it
With the faith of a mustard seed, you can move mountains
And only the heavenly father can ease the hurt
Just let it go and keep prayin’ on your knees in church (Let’s go)
And be hopeful, hopeful, and He’ll make a way
I know it ain’t easy but - that’s okay
Cause we hopeful -"Hope" by Twista and Faith Evans

Athenebrita Posts : 7 Registered: 5/15/10
Posted: Jun 13, 2010 3:48 PM Go to message in response to: correyelle

I remember my first time and all I can say was that it sucked. That isn't reassuring I know but it does get better. At times it will be awkward but in the future your husband and you will laugh and enjoy yourselves for years

Thank you so much PharmToxGirl! You rock my world Sealed

KCI Posts : 150 Registered: 3/30/09
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 9:55 AM Go to message in response to: Athenebrita

Based on your profile wedding date, you're getting married Friday. Just remember to relax. Sex for the first time is awkward for many people. As PP have mentioned, it can be funny too. It's ok to laugh at yourself.

Relax and try to have a good time at your wedding. Don't be too worried about the wedding night. I've read multiple places that a lot of couples don't even end up having sex on their wedding night because the night was so tiring.

Just let things flow on their own. The more you do it, the better it will get.

Congratulations and good luck. I hope your wedding day is everything you hoped for and your marriage is filled with love and happiness.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 8:20 AM Go to message in response to: correyelle

Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 24, 2012 11:40 PM Go to message in response to: correyelle

Ball Gown Strapless Ruffles Organza Wedding Dress Style Giselle
Save up to 22% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $218.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/ball-gown-strapless-ruffles-organza-wedding-dress-style-giselle-p-33756.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine