Birth control. I can't win!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Birth control. I can't win!!
Posted: Oct 11, 2009 9:09 PM

Hey ladies! You all remember about June/July I was going to my doc to have her change my BC after having terrible mood swings from Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo. I had used Yasmin before so I asked her if it would be OK to use it again. She said we'd do a three month trial.

Despite working out and running at least 20+ miles a week, I gained weight. I gained it all in my lower tummy. I have gained 12 lbs. Also, I've been having terrible heart palpitations (sp?) the past couple of weeks. I thought it might be my allergy medicine giving me the willies.

Today, I was having pretty rough paplitations and getting dizzy. I called my doc's emergency line that beeps her cell. I gave her my symptoms and she said to make sure not to lie down. Keep my head above my heart. Keep moving my legs. Come in tomorrow for my appt and stop taking my BC today!

Just my luck, I'm starting to fall into that small % of women that can't cope too well with synthetic estrogen. (Plz note the use of lots of 4 and 5 letter curse words here)

wedding ticker

10/3/09 5K for heart and stroke disease 2/21/10 half marathon for breast cancer

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Re: Birth control. I can't win!!
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 12:31 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Ulgh...well, I hope you are able to work something out.

Wait...gaining weight in lower abdomen...dizzy...light-headed? CONTRATULATIONS! You're pregnant!!! (Lol...just kidding...but THAT would certainly be a BC "I can't win" )

You've mentioned Ortho-Tricyclen not working...have you tried a monophasic pill? With OTCL, the amount of hormones you take each week vary, but with a pill like, say Alesse, you take the same amount of hormone every day....maybe that will make a difference?

Ortho-Tricycle Lo is actually the one I've been on that I liked the best...sorry it doesn't work for you!
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 3:05 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

Not possible to be preggo, Birdie, but thanks! After my doc appt today, she advised to wait until I have a natural cycle and then start the one she's trying me on now. Loestrin. We'll see how that goes. I have no idea why at age 27 my body decided to pull a 180 on me.

wedding ticker

10/3/09 5K for heart and stroke disease    2/21/10 half marathon for breast cancer 

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Oct 13, 2009 11:35 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Dear Mush,

" I have no idea why at age 27 my body decided to pull a 180 on me."

Mine did, too. At 27 I suddenly had hay fever and other respiratory allergies. Never been bothered by them before.

After 5 years on the BC pill, I suddenly could not take it. I developed very dry skin and (more distressing) dry corneas. I had to choose between contact lenses and BC pills. No contest. I went off the pill. I still wear contacts!

It's all part of getting older. As soon as you get used to certain body changes, something else goes haywire.

Added later: Wait until you get old enough for menopause. I am at that point, and can no longer predict when (or if) I will have a period. They are still coming, but every two, three or even four months. Drives me nuts. I'd like to just get it over with.

Posted: Oct 13, 2009 7:30 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

AOTB,

I think the thing that most frightens me is how one's body can react to BC. I feel like a science experiment. This one was "good" in the sense that it reduced cramps and didn't make me feel crazy. However, I gained 10 lbs on a runner's diet! I would wake up sweaty every morning and my fingers were swollen constantly.

The above all occured over a three month period. hahaha! Period.

Is there such a thing as safe BC? I mean obviously a pill. I know the happy hats work just fine. I prefer a back up method. :-)

wedding ticker

10/3/09 5K for heart and stroke disease    2/21/10 half marathon for breast cancer 

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 3:46 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45679.html

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 24, 2012 11:06 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

A-line Saphhire Floral One-shoulder Drape Side Slit Backless Floor-length Prom Dress
Save up to 32% off on New Trend Prom Dress,the price is just $149.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-saphhire-floral-oneshoulder-drape-side-slit-backless-floorlength-prom-dress-p-31718.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine