How soon?

Online Users: 1,347 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

triciam Posts : 128 Registered: 2/19/09
How soon?
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 6:13 PM

How much time do I need for dress shopping? I wasn't planning on looking until summer (my wedding is July 3, 2010). Some people said I should start looking now because of how much time it takes to order your dress and the bridesmaids dresses. Should I start looking sooner?

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Re: How soon?
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 7:09 PM Go to message in response to: triciam

Summertime would be a year out so that should be just fine as long as you are ready, physically and financially. I say that because the first words out of many newly engaged women's mouths after "I do" are "I have to get into shape" or something to that effect so this can alter the timing.(not saying you need to but that so many women say this). The dress should be ordered more than 6 months out to allow time to make it, ship it and alter it. Most bridal salons will also require 50% down, so this is why I say physically and financially prepared.

triciam Posts : 128 Registered: 2/19/09
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 9:15 PM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

Ok good thank you... thats what I was thinking! Some people were telling me I better get started now because it takes so long to get the dress. I figure by summer I'll be in the shape that I would like to maintain, plus I'll be tan and I always feel better w/a tan!

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 9:41 PM Go to message in response to: triciam

You are very welcome. That sounds like a good plan because the very best time to buy a dress is when you feel good about yourself. If you are not in the shape you want to be by then remember this - Your FH asked "will you marry me?", not "Will you lose X number of pounds and marry me?"

shenzhentoby Posts : 42 Registered: 8/28/12
Posted: Sep 22, 2012 4:20 AM Go to message in response to: triciam

thanks! That's where I'm stuck .because Mia Solano Wedding Dresses if it is closer to $1500 Mori Lee Wedding Dresses I can do it, if it is Rina Di Montella Wedding Dresses closer to $3000 I can't.

bridesagaintbre... Posts : 83 Registered: 5/11/12
Posted: Sep 22, 2012 11:14 PM Go to message in response to: shenzhentoby

In what city are located near? We have all types of gowns marked down between 25-85% retail price (we also offer layaway)!!

Please check out this link for our upcoming tour stops:

http://bridesagainstbreastcancer.org/index.php/upcoming-events/

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine