He's Freaking Me Out and He Knows It!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

turtle2 Posts : 56 Registered: 11/3/09
He's Freaking Me Out and He Knows It!
Posted: Nov 30, 2010 12:30 AM

My bf knows I can't wait to get married. We talked a couple of months ago and decided to wait a couple more years before actually tying the knot. He usually doesn't talk about engagement stuff (unlike me)but lately he has been asking me how long I want to be engaged, and when the ring commercials come on the radio with a sale he was like "wow really?" all excited like. I get mad (playful mad) at him. I tell him "don't excite me so much!" It is silly of him to toy with me like this. Oh but I can't wait! Ahh! Is anyone else being toyed with like this? I think he will propose this summer btw because I said I want to be engaged for a year and he was like "what about a year and a half?" so maybe he wants to propose sooner... Summer 2011 plus a year and a half is Winter 2012. Or 2011!!! plus a year and a half is Fall 2012. Or maybe he is aiming for Fall 2011 which would mean a wedding in Spring 2013 :)

Edited by: TnRNov11 on Dec 6, 2010 1:27 PM

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: He's Freaking Me Out and He Knows It!
Posted: Nov 30, 2010 8:17 AM Go to message in response to: turtle2

Dear Tn,

You want to marry a man who enjoys psychological torture?

BunniBride Posts : 11 Registered: 9/1/08
Posted: Nov 30, 2010 10:29 PM Go to message in response to: turtle2

I agree with everyone else. I'll admit, I was surprised when my fiance proposed to me, but I knew it was coming soon because we had talked about marriage a lot. Not the wedding, not about how much we wanted to get married, but about the actual MARRIAGE.

I'm wondering if you have had this discussion with your boyfriend yet? If you really are as young as an earlier poster said, you definitely need to talk about how you two would make it if you did get married, not focus on getting engaged just yet. This means how will you go to school if you're married, where will you live, how will you make money, will you have a joint or separate bank accounts, what about a future family, etc. There's a lot to think about before you anticipate a ring!

I've been with my fiance since I was 15. We discussed getting married when we were 18, but eventually decided we weren't ready. I'm 21 now and am SO glad that I waited just those few years. I'll be close to 23 before we get married. It's not that we weren't sure about us staying together but there's more to a marriage than just loving each other. You have to be able to be successful as an individual so you can be successful as a couple.

These are some things to think about. But yes, you should really sit down with your boyfriend and frankly discuss a future together and when/if you want to get married. It doesn't take the romance out of a proposal, believe me.

Posted: Dec 6, 2010 1:20 PM Go to message in response to: BunniBride

Yes we have talked about finances, family, where we will live. And yes it is still in progress, just like our relationship is. I am not trying to rush anything. Originally we were planning on a wedding next fall but we decided to wait until we are done with community college (which is the highest form of education I am planning on right now) or at least until we are close to being done.

Posted: Dec 6, 2010 1:26 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

I like surprises and he is just trying to surprise me. I like it. I thought you ladies understood that I am excited even more by not knowing much but knowing a little. Eventually I will ask what season or year. Not that important to me right now.

ginarook Posts : 15 Registered: 11/30/10
Posted: Dec 6, 2010 2:33 PM Go to message in response to: turtle2

Well, this may be more exciting than actually being married.

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 18, 2012 6:47 AM Go to message in response to: turtle2

Ball Gown Strapless Ruffles Organza Wedding Dress Style Giselle
Save up to 22% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $218.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/ball-gown-strapless-ruffles-organza-wedding-dress-style-giselle-p-33756.html

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 7:27 PM Go to message in response to: turtle2

A-line Gold Strapless Sweetheart Layered Sequin Short Prom Dress
Save up to 48% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $88.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-gold-strapless-sweetheart-layered-sequin-short-prom-dress-p-32369.html

kalama Posts : 299 Registered: 7/26/12
Posted: Oct 4, 2012 2:44 AM Go to message in response to: turtle2

Actions speak louder than words,he should buy you a ring instead of saying it!

Catherine88 Posts : 170 Registered: 7/26/12
Posted: Oct 15, 2012 11:50 PM Go to message in response to: turtle2

Don't too worry about it!It he is really love you,he would marry with you!You will cross the bridge!

parul Posts : 4 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Oct 16, 2012 2:56 AM Go to message in response to: Catherine88

Don't worry every thing will be alright.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine