Swing Wedding Theme

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

RedKBS Posts : 1 Registered: 9/30/10
Swing Wedding Theme
Posted: Sep 30, 2010 2:31 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of trying to tie in a swing/swing set theme into my wedding, as my fiance proposed to me on the swings at our favorite playground that we spent a lot of time at together growing up.

Does anyone have any good ideas of how we could tie this into the invitations, centerpieces, decorations, etc?!

Any suggestions would be great appreciated!

Thanks,
Kara

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Re: Swing Wedding Theme
Posted: Sep 30, 2010 8:56 PM Go to message in response to: RedKBS

Hmmm, I thought you meant swing music and was going to suggest some 30's-40's ideas. Swing set/playground sounds a little child's birthday party to me. Other than including some photos in a collage or slide show, my inclination would be to do something a bit more sophisticated. However, that's me. If you really love the playground idea, I imagine you can get little toys to add to your decor at a children's toy or party store. You could do a groom's cake with a swing set on it--bakers can add a photo of just about anything to a cake. You could, possibly, even hold your wedding in a park, if that's your choice.

myra@classysassyweddings.com

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Sep 30, 2010 9:36 PM Go to message in response to: RedKBS

Dear Kara,

Like Myra, I thought of swing music, too, when I saw your post.

Sometimes when a person thinks of a theme for a party, they imagine that theme on everything. I have a mental picture of some kind of playground swing graphic on each and every item associated with your wedding: stationery, centerpieces, decorations, etc.

I suggest you scale that down. You don't want your wedding to be mistaken for a children's party.

I suggest you use the swing in one place only: On the cake. Wedding cakes are whimsical, anyway, so little bride and groom figureines in a swing at the tope of the wedding cake would look cute. As you cut the cake, say a few words about the significance of the swing.

That would be in good taste, IMHO. People would get the idea, have a little chuckle, then move on.

Catherine88 Posts : 170 Registered: 7/26/12
Posted: Sep 17, 2012 1:54 AM Go to message in response to: RedKBS

It is the first time for me to hear about the swing wedding theme,how can you guys think it out,it is really nice.

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 20, 2012 7:58 AM Go to message in response to: RedKBS

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless Wedding Gown with Delicate Lace Applique Tulle Dress
Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine