bestbridaldresses.com

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 11
bestbridaldresses.com
Posted: Jan 13, 2008 10:39 PM

has anyone ordered their bridesmaid dresses or bridal gowns from online services? i want to know which ones are reliable. I also want to know if its a good idea. thx

08jada08 Posts : 165 Registered: 12/30/07
Re: bestbridaldresses.com
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 8:47 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I myself would not do it.  I have tried on so many dresses and alot of the ones I thought I loved didn't look good on me.  My dress I bought was one the owner of a boutique told me I have the perfect dress for you, and it was!!!!  It was also nothing I would have thought I could wear.  Also different designers fit different.   Good luck.
May 17th I marry my soul mate.

Sherezada Posts : 29 Registered: 12/4/07
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 9:18 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Although 08jada08 is right in that you probably shouldn't buy a dress online without trying it on, I think your question is more about if, once you've tried on dresses at bridal shops and found one you love, you should go and buy it through an online dealer. I'd say absolutely!

I highly recommend www.jaysbridal.net. They are an actual bridal shop in Gainesville, FL, so that to me makes them more legit than other online-only based stores. Their customer service is superb. Erica has been super helpful, doing things like:
-going straight to the designer to get answers to my questions
-taking pics of one of her employees (that's about my size and build) wearing the dress I'm ordering so I could show my mom how it looks on an actual person (since the bridal shop where I tried it on didn't let me take pics)
-get measurements on said employee so she could help me figure out the measurements I need to send to the designer
-follow up with callbacks even when I was the one supposed to call them and forgot, among so many other things.
I almost feel like I should invite her to my wedding...LOL!

Oh, and the prices, wow!  The bridal shop where I found the dress I loved wanted to charge me $1,500. Jay's bridal charged me $728, and it is custom-sized to fit me like a glove. Can't beat that! Feel free to email me for more info if you'd like.

Whitb55 Posts : 435 Registered: 12/16/07
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 3:16 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I work at a David's Bridal and a friend and co-worker of mine is getting married too and loved an Oleg Cassini gown that we had. However, she was on a very strict budget for the wedding. She could only spend maybe $200 on her dress and it was ideal for them if she could get her veils and ect in that price range too. Well, the gown she likes is $1,000. She found it on ebay in a size 2 and freaked out. She tried it on in our store to make sure that was the size she needed. She still loved the dress and bid on it and won it on ebay for a little over $200. It ended up that the man who was selling it bought it for his fiance and the wedding ended up not happening so he was stuck with a dress. So she got a new gown for $200 instead of $1,000, which was amazing for her. 

Anyways, the reason of my story was to possibly recommend ebay as a source for your gown shopping (a lot of them are used though) and that if you find a gown online at least go to a store and try it on or one like it on to make sure sizes will work and that you like the style. However, it probably is easier and more secure to purchase through and actual store.  

Posted: Jan 15, 2008 9:59 AM Go to message in response to: Whitb55

thanks everyone for your input. our bridesmaid tried a couple of gowns this weekend and i love the bill levkoff style 633 a lot. but they unfortunately they didnt have the color i want. another place had dessy bridfemaids with the color i planned of having n it came with different styles which was unique. argh. i dont want to do. should i go for the color i want or the style of dress i love n change my color theme?

we also found these dresses online for cheaper prices but im scared they will not be reliable. online ships 2-3 months. i dont wanna find have any complications a month b4 my wedding. but its sooo much cheaper!!!! argh! haha. so many decisions!!!.

BreAnn Posts : 600 Registered: 11/28/07
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 10:13 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

If you aren't dead set to your colors (I was and would find dresses to match it) and your BMs are paying for their own dresses, I would ask them which they would like to do. This way, they can pick the dress the feel more comfortable in. I had picked out a style of dress and color, but I was willing to change to make sure my BMs felt comfortable. I mean, I don't want a bunch of grumpy BMs standing with me! I would just consider how they feel and look in both dresses before making the decision.

Whitb55 Posts : 435 Registered: 12/16/07
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 12:21 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

What color are you wanting to do? You could even find a collection you like somewhere and just tell your bridesmaids to get whatever dress they want as long as it is in that specific color you like. That way your bridesmaids can all look good with a dress that fits their body type and style best and you still get your color. 

smily87 Posts : 86 Registered: 10/16/07
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 7:22 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Are you sure the website is bestbridaldresses.com? I went there and it's not a store..

If you mean http://bestbridalprices.com/ then yes, I've ordered from them and they have good customer service and are very helpful. And they have good sales!  

Posted: Jan 15, 2008 10:45 PM Go to message in response to: smily87

thanks smily87 for the correction. that is the website. im glad to know that it is ok to  order from them. My BMs n i love the dress by bill levkoff http://www.billlevkoff.com/collections/index.asp?dress=1080 but they do not come in the color purple( blackberryish n magenta mix) . I also have given them the option of picking their own 3/4 dress from dessy because they carry the purple i want. such a toss up.

lilies34 Posts : 7 Registered: 12/13/07
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 2:37 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

you should use the internet as advantage. there were lots of brides and wedding dress makers in the past who wanted to connect to other brides as easily as we do now.

so yes, you should try going online and check out what they can offer. i recommend www.bestforbride.com. they have been in the business for a long time now and they also have a shop in Toronto, Ontario. they've got excellent customer service so feel free to ask them your questions. they've also got discounted wedding dresses if you're on a tight budget.

-lilies34

lavish yourself in the wide array of wedding dresses on BestforBride.com, as the name goes, they have the best for brides!

Message was edited by: lilies34

null

franksis Posts : 1 Registered: 8/10/12
Posted: Sep 8, 2012 5:51 AM Go to message in response to: 08jada08

Maybe you like the wedding dress in the luckbridal.com

Edited by: luckbridal on Sep 8, 2012 5:53 AM

nancyliu0522 Posts : 57 Registered: 7/16/12
Posted: Sep 11, 2012 4:34 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

haha, this thread is still sooooooo hot

I do recommend you http://www.dressdo.com , ten thousands of dress styles , with quitely favorable price and free shipping worldwide!

BTW, it's the final summer clearance in weddings and events at dressdo.com , up to 70% off & free shipping.

Just go ahead, you would definitely find your love。

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine