Young Brides

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 70

LeopardPrintBride Posts : 17 Registered: 2/20/10
Re: Young Brides
Posted: Feb 22, 2010 5:51 PM Go to message in response to: bosoxgirl

I think people are most likely concerned with your schooling, working and wife schedule. If you are just starting your first semester of college, you need to take about 12 credits. That is four classes total for the semester. Are you working full time for health benefits for you and your FH? Will you have time for your wife duties (cooking, cleaning, house duties) on top of school and work? How about finances? How are you paying for school? Are you making enough income combined to support rent and bills? Are you saving money? These are questions that run through peoples minds when you say, "I am 18, starting college and getting married next year."

It's understandable that they have questions, but the issue is that I am already sharing the responsibilities of cooking and cleaning, as well as working. We live together, and as such, we've split who does what, and how to share our household duties, because in no way do I view them as my personal and sole responsibility as a fiancee, or as a wife. Whether we ended up tying the knot or chose to wait, we'd still be doing these things together. None of our responsibilities will suddenly vanish because we've chosen to get married, and honestly, new responsibilities will not multiply simply because there will be an additional ring on my finger.

I suppose what I'm truly aggravated by is the idea that the validity of our plans or how we feel suddenly sky rockets when we hit 25 or 26. The heart of my bitterness is that I'm not asking for this advice from anyone who seems to be offering it -- they aren't the ones paying my bills, planning my wedding, or experiencing either of our lives as we do, every day. They simply have the preset notion in their head that age + marriage + work/schooling = absolute failure, when in fact, it does not. People are frustrating!

- - - - - - - -

18. Young bride-to-be. Cohabitating. Planning an Oct. 2011 wedding.

bosoxgirl Posts : 231 Registered: 2/3/10
Posted: Feb 23, 2010 9:29 AM Go to message in response to: LeopardPrintBride

The heart of my bitterness is that I'm not asking for this advice from anyone who seems to be offering it -- they aren't the ones paying my bills, planning my wedding, or experiencing either of our lives as we do, every day. They simply have the preset notion in their head that age + marriage + work/schooling = absolute failure, when in fact, it does not. People are frustrating!

Leopard,

People are the worst kind. However, I have to laugh because I agree with that statement 110%. My sister and I are 10 1/2 years my senior. She always used to tell me, "Well you should be doing this. You should be doing that. Why aren't you doing this?" I used to tell her exactly what you just said, "You aren't paying my bills, so shut up!"

Really, the people who are giving you advice, just smile and ask, "Why do you care?" I did that all the time when I got engaged at 18. It shuts people up.
My only unsolicited advice; save money. Save, save, save! The only thing I ever stress is saving. I am the type of person who likes to have a "back up plan" and these days, you need some type of savings to fall back on incase your income should stop. As a financial advisor, I strongly advise this :o)

As for the dishes, I live with my parents and my father is a f-ing pig. He makes himself breakfast and leaves EVERYTHING for someone else to clean up (again, the 1940's era hasn't left his brain). He eats out in the family room and leaves his dishes for someone else to pick up. He takes lunch to work and throws his tupperware in the sink. Doesn't even rinse them out as courtesy. My one reason for saving is to get away from this because I just can't take it anymore. FH knows I hate seeing dishes piled in the sink or seeing an empty bag of potato chips on the couch in the family room (yet, FH leaves empty food bags in his basement all the time. I can't seem to break him of this habit). Anyone else deal with disgusting habits like this?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

IDzine01 Posts : 26 Registered: 2/27/09
Posted: Feb 23, 2010 4:42 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceBrookshire

There are a lot of factors that affect
whether or not a marriage will succeed or fail and yes I think the length of
the marriage is one of those factors. If you get married at 20 you have a long
life ahead of you together and thus more time to change as a person and
possibly grow apart. On the flip side, I think the greater life expectance of
humans will do the same thing. I recently heard that children born today will
have a life expectancy of 100 years. (Crazy) Staying happily married for 80
years is quite a feat and I suspect won't happen often.

I'm not saying you
SHOULD or SHOULDN'T get married young. I'm talking simple math here. If I were
to hypothesize I would say that in future generations, we will see greater
longevity leading to more multiple marriages over one's life. Our great-grandparent's
generation was very different. They only lived 55 years and had shame and
societal pressures forcing them to stay together. They were also more likely to
marry for reasons other than love than people today. With ever generation we
see the role of marriage in society change and redefine itself.

“Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they just need to run free til they find someone just as wild to run with them.” -Sex and the City

StarlitHolly Posts : 47 Registered: 2/23/10
Posted: Feb 24, 2010 2:27 AM Go to message in response to: IDzine01

I'm 21 - I got married two months ago.

One of the first conversations serious relationship conversations that dH and I had was about divorce. We talked about the family members we have who have been divorced and about the family members who have not been divorced.
What we realized was that the family members who have not been divorced in our families are happier and easier to be around - and that when disagreements and arguments happen, they get worked through.

I don't agree that "shame and societal pressures" are keeping the marriages of my grandparents and parents generations together. It's love, and communication, and a knowledge that Marriages Are Work.

That conversation ended with dH and I both saying that if either of us ever got married, we would never want to get divorced.
And now we're married...

to bosoxgirl -

my dH is learning, slowly, that I like the house to be neat and tidy. I knew before we moved in together that he is... not a neat-freak. Or a clean-freak. He does like his work things to be in their proper place, and to be able to find things when he wants them - it helps.

Mostly with him, it's dirty paper towels that he's used and not thrown out, or leaving cupboard and closet doors open... And dirty laundry in the middle of the living room. >.<

~~ Sunshine <3 Love <3 Plushies <3 Weirdness ~~

turtle2 Posts : 56 Registered: 11/3/09
Posted: Apr 8, 2010 8:25 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceBrookshire

Hello. I will be a young bride, only 18 when I am married. Now I am 17 and very soon to be engaged. I think I am much more mature than many girls my age, although I do not have a job or anything else from that list so and so said. Well we do have savings. And he has a job. I don't have a job because I've never had a need for one. I am about to get my HS Diploma as well as an AA Degree before I am married. We have been together for 2 1/2 years and we know eachother pretty well. I understand, however, that we do not know everything about eachother. You learn that when you are married, and sometimes very deep into marriage. We know what we are getting ourselves into, many young couples do not. I am confident in us.

TeenWeddings Posts : 4 Registered: 7/10/12
Posted: Jul 10, 2012 3:28 PM Go to message in response to: Colelle

Hi,

My name is Preeti and I am the Casting Director for a hit TV show airing on the SLICE Network called "My Teenage Wedding."

http://www.cineflixproductions.com/shows/107-My-Teenage-Wedding
A
We are currently looking for young and engaged couples within Canada and the USA. If you know anyone who is engaged to be married this fall and is under 21 then we have an amazing opportunity for them to be on My Teenage Wedding.

Engaged teenagers and young adults of all ethnic backgrounds, from all walks of life, and any budget level are encouraged to apply for this incredible opportunity.

If chosen for the show, we will film the trials and triumphs of getting married. The chosen couples will receive $4,000 towards their wedding budget! The chosen couple aren't the only lucky ones, the person who passes us the couple we film will receive a finders fee and special thank you in the credits.

If you have an extraordinary story of love please email us at: psidhu@cineflix.com

When emailing us please include your full name, location, brief story about your romance and some pictures.

We look forward to hearing back from you as soon as possible.

Thank you, hope to hear from you soon!

Preeti Sidhu
Casting Director
416-531-2400 ext. 184

Posted: Jul 10, 2012 3:33 PM Go to message in response to: turtle2

Hi!

I read your post and wanted to let you know about a great opportunity!

My name is Preeti Sidhu; I'm the Casting Director for the hit television series My Teenage Wedding.

We are currently looking for young and engaged couples within Canada and USA like YOU. If you or anyone you know is engaged to be married and is under 20 then we have an amazing opportunity for them to be on My Teenage Wedding.

Engaged teenagers and young adults of all ethnic backgrounds, from all walks of life, and any budget level are encouraged to apply for this incredible opportunity.

If chosen for the show, we will film the trials and triumphs of getting married. The chosen couples will receive $4,000 towards their wedding budget! The chosen couple aren't the only lucky ones, the person who passes us the couple we film will receive a finders fee and special thank you in the credits.

If you have an extraordinary story of love please email us at: teenwedding@cineflix.com

When emailing us please include your full name, location, brief story about your romance and some pictures.

We look forward to hearing back from you as soon as possible!

Thank you,

Preeti Sidhu
Casting Director
416-531-2500 ext. 184

Posted: Jul 10, 2012 3:36 PM Go to message in response to: bosoxgirl

My name is Preeti Sidhu; I'm the Casting Director for the hit television series My Teenage Wedding.

We are currently looking for young and engaged couples within Canada and the USA. If you know anyone who is engaged to be married this fall and is under 20 then we have an amazing opportunity for them to be on My Teenage Wedding.

If you have an extraordinary story of love please email us at: teenwedding@cineflix.com

We look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Thank you

Preeti Sidhu
Casting Director
416-531-2500 ext. 184

Posted: Jul 10, 2012 3:48 PM Go to message in response to: FutureCoyle

We are currently looking for young and engaged couples within Canada and the USA. If you know anyone who is engaged to be married this fall and is under 20 then we have an amazing opportunity for them to be on My Teenage Wedding.

We look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Thank you

Preeti Sidhu
Casting Director
416-531-2500 ext. 184

wartes Posts : 1 Registered: 7/11/12
Posted: Jul 11, 2012 4:30 AM Go to message in response to: AmyJustin2010

read your story. and myself want to get married and make this day the most memorable

Edited by: wartes on Jul 11, 2012 4:34 AM

watch movie online for free without downloading

Catherine88 Posts : 170 Registered: 7/26/12
Posted: Sep 10, 2012 3:49 AM Go to message in response to: JaniceBrookshire

I want to be a young bride,but I did not meet the right one when I was young.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine