Bridesmaid dresses

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

allisoontobedrew Posts : 1 Registered: 5/17/11
Bridesmaid dresses
Posted: Sep 1, 2011 2:26 PM

I picked out a really pretty dress that will fit the style of my dress and wedding for the Bridesmaids. I love this dress. My bridesmaids are all different sizes, I have a plus size, very petite and everything in between. my maid of honor is the plus size and my best friend. She doesnt think the dress I picked out will look good on her. I will be getting them custom made by a very talented and experienced seamstress. I understand her concern which is why I picked the dress I did. It will look good on everyone. Should I just tell her I will stick with these dresses or let her pick something else out???

Thank you!

beachgal2004 Posts : 80 Registered: 2/6/07
Re: Bridesmaid dresses
Posted: Sep 11, 2011 10:19 AM Go to message in response to: allisoontobedrew

Why not like have them choose their dresses but match as far as colors.

:) love ya

cindy29 Posts : 8 Registered: 9/5/11
Posted: Nov 7, 2011 10:34 PM Go to message in response to: allisoontobedrew

Hum, experienced seamstress will make very fit dress.

caris Posts : 1 Registered: 6/16/11
Posted: Dec 14, 2011 3:44 PM Go to message in response to: allisoontobedrew

It depends. How much does it matter to you how your best friend feels? If you care about her feeling beautiful, let her choose a dress that will work well for her body type.

If you subscribe to the "It's MY day mentality" then do whatever you want, but know that your choice will likely impact that friendship.

I have seen weddings where the maid/matron of honor wore a different style dress in the same color- it's kind of a neat way to help her stand out and honor her for the role she's playing.

Ultimately though, I think it boils down to how much do you need to have things done your way.

nikyy Posts : 1 Registered: 4/6/12
Posted: Apr 6, 2012 9:20 AM Go to message in response to: beachgal2004

I suggest you to give them freedom to choose their dresses, afterall they have to look like wow..

I suggest u to let them knw abt the goodggoodschina.com as their collection, material, fabric is too good... Also that will not reach out of ur budget... Try out there

liqinkatherine Posts : 26 Registered: 8/2/12
Posted: Aug 7, 2012 5:58 AM Go to message in response to: allisoontobedrew

hmmm, i think you might as well let her choose the dress herself. To guarantee everyone has a happy mood during the wedding ceremony is what you wanna see. And she just chooses her dress, you needn't feel sorry or vexed about it. Just let it go and be prepared to be a happy bride. Congratulations!!!

maria328 Posts : 48 Registered: 3/9/12
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 4:38 AM Go to message in response to: allisoontobedrew

If you have enough time, help her choose another one, everyone should be happy in your special day. What do you think?

MandyK Posts : 5 Registered: 8/20/12
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 2:31 PM Go to message in response to: caris

"I have seen weddings where the maid/matron of honor wore a different style dress in the same color- it's kind of a neat way to help her stand out and honor her for the role she's playing."

Personally I think this is the best idea, unless she isn't the only one complaining. If all your other BM are comfortable with what you picked out, why don't you just let your MOH pick out her own special dress and then call it a day? Everyone is comfortable and you still got to pick your BM dresses.

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 5:05 PM Go to message in response to: allisoontobedrew

Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine