HelP!!!!! Bridal party dilemma!!!

Online Users: 1,252 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

FutureMrsM6 Posts : 1 Registered: 7/26/12
HelP!!!!! Bridal party dilemma!!!
Posted: Jul 26, 2012 5:24 PM

I need some advice. I was wondering if it is necessary to have my future sister-in-law in my bridal party. So far I have my cousin as Matron of Honor, My longtime BFF as Maid of Honor, and one of my friends from college as a bridesmaid. I wanted to keep the party small, but now my fiance wants his sister in it too, who I am not close to. I want my 2 brothers in it so I said fair is fair. But my problem is with my future sister in law, who is my fiance's brother's wife. They will be married for a year by the time my wedding comes. Both my fiance and i really don't care for her, we just put up with her because you can't pick your in-laws! Also I am in her bridal party as a bridesmaid, but she is having 8 girls and not really excluding anybody! Help! what should I do!

beatrizromero Posts : 37 Registered: 5/30/12
Re: HelP!!!!! Bridal party dilemma!!!
Posted: Jul 30, 2012 4:40 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsM6

In my opinion, If you invite your relative to your party. Then you should agree to let his sister go too. If not then he will think you just pay attention to your family while his not!

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 4:02 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsM6

San Patrick Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-san-patrick-c-420_454.html

SigaraicmekOldu... Posts : 4 Registered: 7/24/13
Posted: Sep 12, 2013 11:37 AM Go to message in response to: swichwang34

rockinthering Posts : 4 Registered: 9/16/13
Posted: Sep 16, 2013 12:10 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsM6

I would say invite her. Even though you may not be crazy about her now, things change and she may be more important to you and your soon to be husband as the years go by. Start your new life with your fiancÚ off on the right foot, family comes first.

Just my opinion.

Syringa Posts : 115 Registered: 1/18/12
Posted: Sep 18, 2013 4:38 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsM6

Can you give her something else to do, such as a reading? That way she would be involved, but not officially part of the wedding party.

EventChecklist Posts : 2 Registered: 10/14/13
Posted: Nov 1, 2013 12:15 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsM6

I think that was a very tough problem. I think what you should do is just invite her and if she's not comfortable hanging out she'll decide to excuse herself for sure.

---

Event and Wedding Planning Blog

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine