Factory Made Diamonds

Online Users: 1,253 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 3

Callie22 Posts : 2 Registered: 1/9/12
Factory Made Diamonds
Posted: Feb 28, 2012 12:38 PM

My boyfriend and I have been talking about rings lately and though I'm not a big fan of diamonds, we have been looking at diamonds because of the tradition. I have found rings I'm a big fan of though the end of the day it is his decision of the ring he wants to get me since it is a gift.

Yesterday in one of my classes in college we were talking about Africa and the diamond conflict, so I was looking into factory made diamonds since they are conflict free. At this point, he and I both prefer the factory made diamonds because A) they do not support insurgency and B) they are much cheaper and still look just as gorgeous.

Now what I was wondering is, what does everyone else think about them? I think they are just as good as "real" diamonds because in essence they are real diamonds, made from carbon like a real diamond just in a factory and in enhanced time.

wixonjewelers Posts : 11 Registered: 6/6/12
Re: Factory Made Diamonds
Posted: Jun 6, 2012 6:07 PM Go to message in response to: Callie22

Callie,

I would recommend doing some research on factory made diamonds. It's quite an interesting process that they go through. Many women are traditional and love diamonds.

-Wixon Jewelers
Engagement Rings in Minneapolis | Bridal Jewelry in Minnesota

NiamhMaire Posts : 92 Registered: 6/7/12
Posted: Jun 7, 2012 12:10 PM Go to message in response to: wixonjewelers

I think factory diamonds would be a much better choice for you. Even if you receive a certificate with your engagement ring that says its conflict-free there is no guarantee.The difference between conflict diamonds and conflict free diamonds is an extremely complex issue. Personally I think it's best to go with factory made diamonds. As you said they look real because they are real diamonds. At the end of the day it is just a ring and I think the human cost is just too high to risk.

Edited by: NiamhMaire on Jun 7, 2012 12:13 PM

Bing/a> |

Sydney99 Posts : 20 Registered: 6/1/12
Posted: Jun 25, 2012 3:53 PM Go to message in response to: Callie22

Okay, it looks like this Encore diamond fellow is spamming. Lab created diamonds are absolutely beautiful and are literally exactly like mined diamonds because they are made out of the same material. They are more perfect because they are grown in controlled environments. Anyone who says differently is selling something (a mined diamond!)

Just do a search on lab diamonds, synthetic diamonds, eco diamonds, etc. You'll get what you're looking for at much less than a mined diamond.

No mined diamond is guaranteed to be conflict free. The Kimberley Process, which most diamond sellers swear by, has been reported to be a complete sham in the news lately. Again, anyone who says their diamonds are conflict/blood free aren't being truthful. Your average jewelry store (majority of jewelers) don't have a clue where their diamonds actually originate from. They simply give the PR statement about the Kimberly Process to quiet people's fears.

Washington, D.C.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine