Engaged and Enraged

Online Users: 1,296 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

bcgirl13 Posts : 1 Registered: 5/8/12
Engaged and Enraged
Posted: May 8, 2012 4:55 PM

First and foremost I want to say hello, I am new here so I hope I will get some replies.

I'm getting married August 18, 2012 and I'm more than excited! I can hardly wait, however, my 3 future Sil's are a real pain the a**. It will be 5 years in May for me and my fiancee. We waited because I wanted both of us to be comfortable with family, friends and to basically do it when we were both stable and ready. Well, we are ready, but his sisters have not been excited. In the beginning they didn't even congratulate us. When I would talk about it, they changed the subject. So I thought maybe they were a little upset that I did not include them, so I made all 3 of them bridesmaids (which I regret doing). Even though I've always respected them, they still had smart remarks. One remark really struck a nerve. I'm a well spoken black female and because I speak educated they constantly refered to me as a "white girl" which infiriates me because its pure ignorance. Two of my best friends are white and I think it would be very direspectful if they came out of their mouths and made a reference like that at my wedding. My fiancee supports me sometimes, but other times he feels that its "girl stuff" and he shouldn't have to intervene. But I beg to differ because its not my actions that cause confliction, but the actions of his sisters. My future mother in law is very sweet and considerate person, and since we are all adults I don't feel the need to put her in the middle of the situation. I turn the other cheek, like Christ says to do, but in my head I want to curse them all out and call it a day! I love my fiancee and I know HE doesn't deserve that because he would never do that to me, but my family has never made hurtful comments towards him. He has never been in my shoes. I know I can't change who he is related too. However, I would really like some support/advice from other woman that have been through this, or is going through this right now.

~TheFutureMrs.C~

NiamhMaire Posts : 92 Registered: 6/7/12
Re: Engaged and Enraged
Posted: Jun 28, 2012 5:48 PM Go to message in response to: bcgirl13

This is a tough situation. Hang in there girl. I would say if it is at all possible sit these girls down and explain to them in the least confrontational way, that you are truly hurt. It might seem difficult at first and something you don't want to do ,but they are the siblings of the man that loves you so they might take a long hard look at their actions once they have been highlighted. Good Luck.

Bing/a> |

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 3:07 AM Go to message in response to: bcgirl13

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45679.html

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 7:59 PM Go to message in response to: bcgirl13

San Patrick Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-san-patrick-c-420_454.html

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 2:50 PM Go to message in response to: bcgirl13

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless Wedding Gown with Delicate Lace Applique Tulle Dress
Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine