Need quick help please! Re: My father/daughter dance scenario

Online Users: 1,293 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 3

Lulu79 Posts : 19 Registered: 3/8/12
Need quick help please! Re: My father/daughter dance scenario
Posted: May 3, 2012 1:11 AM

My dad and I aren't exactly all sappy and lovey dovey, and I didn't want to do the dance, but my mom pressured me into it. Do you think it would be offensive to my dad if I danced with him for the first minute, then my fiance and my mom came and joined the dance floor in the next minute, and then the DJ can call everyone else in for the last 2 mins?

Thanks in advance!!

MagicalMomentsP... Posts : 742 Registered: 3/6/06
Re: Need quick help please! Re: My father/daughter dance scenario
Posted: May 3, 2012 2:36 AM Go to message in response to: Lulu79

Lulu,

Just as many little girls dream of their wedding day, so do their dads think about the day they will have their father/daughter dance. While you might not me close, the dance is a special time a dad gets to spend with his daughter. By cutting it short you are depriving yourselves of the opportunity to possibly mend fences. The dance does not have to be all sentimental. But it is a moment when your dad can tell you how proud he is and what a wonderful woman you've turned out to be. Even if you do have your FH and mom dancing too, they will be dancing with each other and not with you or your dad. Three minutes is not a lot of time to ask for the man who helped make you the person you are today. Now if there is something else going on such as abuse, that is a horse of another color......

Howard Kier, Certified Professional Wedding Photographer

Magical Moments Photography

Syringa Posts : 115 Registered: 1/18/12
Posted: May 3, 2012 11:11 AM Go to message in response to: Lulu79

I agree with Howard. I would have only one other couple join you part way through your dance. If your new MIL is not one who enjoys the spotlight, you might have your fiance and his mother, not yours, join you half way through your song. That way, you have covered both special dances with one song. If, however, your MIL really wants a special dance with her son, then have your fiance and your mother join you. If you ask all couples to join you, you have opened the dance floor to general dancing and it will be more difficult to follow your dance with a groom/mother dance.

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 24, 2012 4:21 PM Go to message in response to: Lulu79

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 6726 is just $299.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine