bought from peridress.com?

Online Users: 1,244 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 15

LunaT Posts : 2 Registered: 8/26/07
bought from peridress.com?
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 2:09 PM

Anyone out there bought a dress from peridress.com or know someone who has? I read posts from late aug-early sept from some of you who had experiences with this site. How did it all turn out? I am interested in a dress that has a lace overlay. Cheap lace looks like cheap lace and I don't want to pay $ for cheap looking lace. Any thoughts? Thank you

Re: bought from peridress.com?
Posted: Dec 27, 2007 12:41 PM Go to message in response to: LunaT

Hi!  I haven't bought from that site, but I've seen many like it.  I've also seen stores on eBay who are just like that, and I looked into it a bit.  I e-mailed some of the people who had bought dresses from them and left feedback to get their opinions.  Most of the time the response was "You get what you pay for."  They said the dress was pretty, but very, very thin.  One of them told me that the dress came in an 11x17 envelope!  I've never seen a wedding dress (minus a plain chiffon sheath) that would fit in an 11x17 envelope to ship, so I'm assuming that they really are extra-thin.

I don't know if that helps at all.  I hope it does.  Also, you might consider e-mailing the store and asking if they have pictures of actual dresses they have made themselves. 

Posted: May 17, 2008 1:36 PM Go to message in response to: LunaT

Don't order from Peridress!  I did and I completely regret it.  I received my dress 8 weeks after my order only after inquiring about it on their website since the phone number does not work.  I recieved the dress, it had black stains on it and the zipper was broken.  I sent the dress back which cost $38 and ordered another one which I was forced to pay for in order to get the dress in time.  The second one came which was better however the quality is still poor.  I still have not received a refund on the first dress even though they have received it over a month ago.  Don't order from them.  You can find a nice dress without the hassles.

kmlove Posts : 1 Registered: 2/15/08
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 5:51 PM Go to message in response to: LunaT

OMG! be warned. do not buy from peridress. their dresses are horrible. i bought one and i will not be wearing it. it feels laike a plastic table cloth. the material appears to cost $1 or $2 a yard. it is not worth it. spend your money well and buy from a reputable place. it also came in an 8x10 envelope all wrinkled and squashed. poor quality, poor everything. save your time and money and heartbreak!

Montesano Posts : 2 Registered: 3/5/09
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 1:19 AM Go to message in response to: LunaT

Hi,

I couldn't wait to respond to this post. I ordered a dress from peridress.com about a month ago, and it arrive today!

It isn't excatly the same dress I tried on in the desinger shop in Seattle but it is earily close. I am going to have a couple small lines changed, (bust and back) and it will be perfect.

Over a $3000. savings. From $3300. of the rack to $146.

It came in a box with the undergarments, veil, gloves and extra fabric. The fabric was my biggest worry since the dress I wanted had duchess satin which isn't shiny. The dress I received was very soft and good quality heavy satin.

Amazing!

Edited by: Montesano on Mar 5, 2009 1:20 AM

gertie Posts : 3 Registered: 11/1/08
Posted: Mar 17, 2009 7:32 AM Go to message in response to: LunaT

Hi All,
I fell in love with a model novias gown that was waaaay out
of my price range (5k) and ordered a facsimile of it from peridress for
185$. It was made to my measurements and does fit well though clearly
they were disapointed with my small bust and put some rather impressive
padding in the bust. It is as close as you could get to the dress in
the designers photograph using only the photo and cheap materials.
Frankly I thought it would be much worse. As you can see this would not
have been an easy dress to copy. So if you have a simple dress in mind
it might be worth it but I won't be wearing this on my wedding day.

the real dress:
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv229/Gertie3/zn310bis.jpg

The dress I received:
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv229/Gertie3/peri1.jpg?t=1237252651

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv229/Gertie3/peri2.jpg?t=1237252707

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv229/Gertie3/peri3.jpg?t=1237252763

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv229/Gertie3/peri5.jpg?t=1237252815

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv229/Gertie3/peri7.jpg?t=1237252884

Hope that this is helpful
Gertie

If anyone can tell how to actually have these appear in the message let me know as the directions are less than helpful.

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Mar 17, 2009 8:42 AM Go to message in response to: gertie

wow gertie, nice find!!! The dress is beautiful on you!! :)

IMG_7463.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

10/26/08 

jessicadoll Posts : 5 Registered: 3/17/09
Posted: Mar 17, 2009 1:28 PM Go to message in response to: LunaT

I've cross-posted this on a couple forums.

I ordered my dress from Peri Dress on February 24th and it came
yesterday. It looks amazingly similiar to the Christos gown that it is
a knock-off of. It's beautiful, though the hooks for the train will
need reinforcing, I'm pretty sure that's a really common thing among
bridal gowns. The sizing is perfect and it fits amazing. No alterations
will be needed at all. (I'm not wearing heels in the photo and it's fresh out of the box, hence the wrinkles, lol)

Here are some photos:

Christos Gown:

My Gown:

For
anyone who is whining about the quality of the dress, this dress is
well sewn and although the fabric's aren't exactly the same as the real
gown, the look is very similar and if you're going to be that picky, go
spend the $5k on a dress instead of $150. Don't expect a miracle, and
don't nitpick it to death! You ALWAYS get what you pay for in one way
or another.

I
never freaked out or tried to contact them. I got an e-mail when my
order was placed, confirmed, and shipped. I just decided to give them
the benefit of the doubt and see what happened. My dress was only $142
so if it didn't go over so well, no harm done. I paid with PayPal so I
might have a leg to stand on, too. Just in case. My wedding isn't until
June either. All you last minute Brides freaked out because you can't
contact someone, shame shame! Plan ahead and you won't have to worry
about these things. ;)

DrJMc Posts : 1 Registered: 4/2/09
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 6:48 PM Go to message in response to: LunaT

I bought a dress from peridress and it was definitely NOT the dress in the picture. I ordered La Sposa Mulata, and I wanted it for the great line in the skirt. The dress from La Sposa had a skirt cut on the bias, with gathering that wrapped around the hips giving it a beautiful line. The dress I got has a bodice and skit sewn on--and completely does not have the line or ordered the dress for.

The fabric is fine, it seems to be sewn properly, but it is just not the dress from the picture. And quite frankly, it is not flatering. I knew when I ordered this dress I was taking a chance, but it seemed worth it as I couldn't find anything I was really interested in. Now I think my mom and I will take this dress apart and try to make it into something that I actually like...so it was a gamble and I lost, but what do you expect for $150.

711summerbride Posts : 1 Registered: 5/1/09
I got my dress through them (photos included)
Posted: May 1, 2009 11:11 AM Go to message in response to: LunaT

I was VERY skeptical but I ordered my dress months in advance and decided that it would either be an expensive halloween costume or my wedding dress! It took about a month and I love it!! Below are links to photos of the actual dress:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37411275@N05/3490845493/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37411275@N05/3490845393/in/photostream/

And here is a photo of the actual Lazaro Gown:

http://www.jlmcouture.com/Lazaro/Bridal/Spring/2008/Style-3804

LKU Posts : 1 Registered: 5/22/09
Re: I got my dress through them (photos included)
Posted: May 22, 2009 6:41 PM Go to message in response to: 711summerbride

4 weeks after I ordered, I sent an email inquiring about shipping dates. The email was replied 3 days later, explaining that the dress had been "shipped, but was returned to peridress by Chinese customs, because the bag had been damaged and the dress was also ruined." I figured that the whole siutation was going to be a waste of my time, so I lost a $155 gamble. Oh well, back-up plan in place. However, the woman who originally wrote me back, wrote again saying they would rush the order. What do you know, it arrived exactly 3 weeks later. Yes it arrived folded up, inside out in a plastic DHL envelope, strange yes. But $155, what should we expect? It is exactly the style of the $4000 dress I chose. It needs some tailoring, but don't they all? The quality of the fabric is not expensive, obviously, but it does look beautiful. I am surprisingly very happy with it, and shocked that I managed to buy a gorgeous dress, that looks perfect for less than it costs to have my hair highlighted. My official review- it will take longer than they say for the dress to arrive. Email turn-around is slow, but will happen. Style great, fabric will really depend on the design you choose. I can imagine that some satins, would look cheap, but my lace overlay is very pretty. If you have extra time and think it's worth the gamble, go for it!

ystudio Posts : 1 Registered: 7/13/09
Posted: Aug 26, 2009 6:27 PM Go to message in response to: LunaT

I order a wedding dress from Peridress on Aug 10 and I just received it in a DHL package! It's beautiful! Of course, it needs some minor adjustments in the bust area but other than that it's great. I order a Christos 2010 collection Lisette style. It's pretty close to the real Christos. I tried on the real Christos in NY. The embroidery is not the same but I wasn't impressed with the embroidery on the real Christos anyway. I will post photos later after I made my adjustment to dress. Will be posting three photos: real Christos on model, real Christos on me and the Peridress Christos on me. Stay tuned!

Kelli2 Posts : 2 Registered: 10/18/11
Posted: Oct 18, 2011 6:50 PM Go to message in response to: LunaT

DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT order from this company under any circumstances. Please let me explain. I ordered a dress from these people and I got it in today. October 18th. What???????? Oh, my goodness! The dress I chose was an Amelia Carrera. Peridress is where I made my purchase. Some people don't even get their dresses so maybe I should count myself lucky. I paid the $30 extra to have it delivered in 30 days. NOT!!!!!!!!! I got it twelve days later than what I was supposed to get it and I think it was only because I had gone through paypal and started complaining about it. I assume they got in touch with the company because I got an e-mail the same day stating that my dress would be here on the following Monday. If you take a chance, and I wouldn't if I were you, GO THROUGH PAYPAL. I had read where the quality was poor. Oh, poor quality would be a step up for them. Shitty quality is the correct word for it. They sent me a gold dress. All of the stitching is done in gold. They must have thought it was going to be a Chinese wedding. The dress is so cheap that there are strings sticking out everywhere on the dress and the beads that are there look like they are about to fall off. Now I am out $400 and on the hunt, once again, for a REAL

Kelli2 Posts : 2 Registered: 10/18/11
Posted: Oct 18, 2011 6:52 PM Go to message in response to: LunaT

DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT order from this company under any circumstances. Please let me explain. I ordered a dress from these people and I got it in today. October 18th. What???????? Oh, my goodness! The dress I chose was an Amelia Carrera. Peridress is where I made my purchase. Some people don't even get their dresses so maybe I should count myself lucky. I paid the $30 extra to have it delivered in 30 days. NOT!!!!!!!!! I got it twelve days later than what I was supposed to get it and I think it was only because I had gone through paypal and started complaining about it. I assume they got in touch with the company because I got an e-mail the same day stating that my dress would be here on the following Monday. If you take a chance, and I wouldn't if I were you, GO THROUGH PAYPAL. I had read where the quality was poor. Oh, poor quality would be a step up for them. Shitty quality is the correct word for it. They sent me a gold dress. All of the stitching is done in gold. They must have thought it was going to be a Chinese wedding. The dress is so cheap that there are strings sticking out everywhere on the dress and the beads that are there look like they are about to fall off. Now I am out $400 and on the hunt, once again, for a REAL wedding dress. It's a bad bad dress. Do not take a chance with this company on your important day. DO NOT DO IT! They got $400 of my money which I might be able to get back, but it is so not worth the trouble or the time. I will do everything in my power to make sure that no one else gets screwed. Do Not order from this company. I am sure that you will be sorry. As far as the positive reviews. I think that one person is posting those or paying someone to lie about the positive things to say about this shabby company. Don't get duped like I did.

AmyandNic Posts : 87 Registered: 5/1/10
Posted: Mar 7, 2012 3:41 PM Go to message in response to: Kelli2

Has anyone bought a dress recently from them??

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine