Mexian Destination Weddings or Caribbean Destination Weddings

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

DJLowe Posts : 1 Registered: 2/16/12
Mexian Destination Weddings or Caribbean Destination Weddings
Posted: Feb 16, 2012 5:09 PM

My fiancee and I were thinking of getting married on a mountain top as doing something unique. Then it was floated that we do a destination wedding. I'm really not one for flying.

I talked to Liz Moore at Liz Moore Destination Weddings and she had some interesting ideas. I have never travelled. I went to their Mexican destination weddings page http://lizmooredestinationweddings.com/mexican-destination-weddings.cfm and their Caribbean destination weddings page http://lizmooredestinationweddings.com/caribbean-destination-weddings.cfm. But there are so many choices of places to go.

Has anyone ever been on a destination wedding? Does anyone have a place they can recommend from Liz Moore's suggested places? I just like something simple and quiet and so does my fiancee.

Any help would be great. Thank you!

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: Mexian Destination Weddings or Caribbean Destination Weddings
Posted: Feb 16, 2012 9:08 PM Go to message in response to: DJLowe

Dear DJ

There are various motiviations for a destination wedding. Some think of a DW as a problem-solver. If getting married at home, they would be obliged to invite half the town. They can't afford that, so they have a DW (formerly known as "an elopement") then spend much less money.

If your motivation is to get out of town and get married, great.

On the other hand, there are couples who expect their nearest and dearest to come up with hundreds or thousands of dollars to travel for their wedding. That is simply not possible for many people, and the couple needs to understand that attendance at a DW might be limited to parents, siblings and very close (and rich) friends.

As Miss Manners says, "Your wedding is not my vacation".

Avia71 Posts : 1 Registered: 2/20/12
Posted: Feb 20, 2012 12:37 AM Go to message in response to: DJLowe

Caribbean definitely
Mexico is boring

Nancy Posts : 5 Registered: 5/16/06
Posted: Mar 14, 2012 9:24 PM Go to message in response to: DJLowe

Hi- I will be happy to answer any of your questions and offer suggestions. My travel agency specializes in Destination Weddings and we have arranged many destination weddings for brides on this forum. I planned my own Destination Wedding 20 years ago and have made it my profession so happy to share my insider secrets.
Shoot me an email or call, happy to chat.
Nancy Barkley
Honeymoons and Get-A-Ways

Edited by: Nancy on Mar 14, 2012 9:24 PM

JennieD Posts : 2 Registered: 3/28/12
Posted: Mar 28, 2012 9:09 PM Go to message in response to: DJLowe

Definitely caribbean!

My sister was married there last year, it was fabulous! The only thing she changed was that she didnt use the photographer they included... she hired some one to fly out there, www.kimgreenspan.com

Everything else that was included in the wedding package was so amazing and beautiful!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine