The best man's cougar girlfriend

Online Users: 1,281 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

lastremarks Posts : 2 Registered: 12/25/11
The best man's cougar girlfriend
Posted: Dec 25, 2011 1:29 AM

I'm a 24 year old bride and my fiance's brother(the best man)'s 50-year-old girlfriend has awkwardly invited herself to my bachelorette party.

Since the bachelorette party is on the Friday before my Sunday wedding and she's coming in from out of town with her boyfriend (the best man) AND he'll be out with the guys the same night, am I obligated to include her?!

I feel guilty excluding her but I've never met her AND she's double my age!

ContinuumPhotog... Posts : 3 Registered: 9/6/11
Re: The best man's cougar girlfriend
Posted: Dec 26, 2011 3:45 PM Go to message in response to: lastremarks

I'm not sure what the official bachelorette party invite etiquette is, but I thought it was supposed to just be your closest girlfriends? Could you not make up an excuse that your guest count is already set on that party?

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: The best man's cougar girlfriend
Posted: Dec 27, 2011 1:44 PM Go to message in response to: lastremarks

Dear LR,

Forget the issue of the age.

You have never met her. Your bachelorette party is for you and your girlfriends. Why invite someone you have never met?

There is, surely, someone in your life or in your parents' life who has said "If there is anything I can do...".

If you know of such a person, or couple, who might get along with the girlfriend, then suggest they ask her over for dinner that evening.

"The guys will be at the (male-only) bachelor party and we don't want you to have to sit in the hotel all alone. Why not come over to our house? We will have drinks and dinner. If you are interested in the basketball game, we'll be watching that, so come any time after 3 to catch the game." (Or, we'll get a movie and watch it on our DVD after dinner. Have you seen "The Help" yet?)

They need not mention the bachelorette party.

Speaking as a 57-year old, there is nothing I would rather NOT do than attend a bachelorette party for a 24-year old. I would jump at an invitation for a casual evening with drinks, dinner and perhaps a game on TV or a DVD movie.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine