Invite or Not to Invite Step-father

Online Users: 1,312 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1

TwixyPick Posts : 1 Registered: 10/10/11
Invite or Not to Invite Step-father
Posted: Oct 10, 2011 12:56 PM

We are in need of advice on inviting my (the bride) step-father to the wedding. Our wedding is small and in the carribean. My mother got married last year to her 6th (or could it be 8th???) new husband. Yes, she gets married every 5 - 7 years. Her new husband and I do not "click." He's never made any attempt to even establish a relationship with me over the past year. And ever since my mother married him, my relationship with her has been extremely strained. He has stated on a few occasions, speaking for both of them, that "they" don't need me in their life. In fact, my mother and I went from talking daily to talking once every 6 months and we no longer have a decent mother/daughter relationship anymore.

Now that it's finally my wedding (my 1st and hopefully ONLY wedding) I have decided to invite her but not him. She has reponded that she won't attend our wedding in the carribean unless he is also invited.

So do I invite him? And suffer through having to see him there. Or do I stick to my guns and risk the relationship with my mother completely detoriating? I feel betrayed that she is putting this guy before me, her one and only daughter.

What are your thoughts? Thank you!

noya Posts : 1 Registered: 4/12/11
Re: Invite or Not to Invite Step-father
Posted: Oct 10, 2011 11:09 PM Go to message in response to: TwixyPick

Iím sorry to hear that.It is a real big trouble with your family.But best wishes to your perfect wedding party and nice family relationship,you should talk with your parents both your mom and step-father.Cause as daghter we need thought about mom,we always learn from our parents,so they should also be the model of life to every menber of family.
Maybe you just share your happy big day with your mom and dad,and friendly visit your mon and step-father after your wedding.Just communicate with your dear mom,she will be with you and love you.
Hope you are happy everyday in your life.A girl's wish from china.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine