December 2011 Brides

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

KaitERiggs Posts : 4 Registered: 9/29/11
December 2011 Brides
Posted: Sep 29, 2011 4:17 AM

I am getting married on December 30th 2011 then we are having our reception on December 31st. We are doing it in two days because we are getting married in the LDS temple that is two hours away that only about 20 guests will actually be at. Then our reception is back at our hometown. So in a way we are having a new years eve wedding. Is anyone else having a wedding in that month? Or has anyone had a wedding in the winter? I just want to hear everyone's ideas.

We are going with a rustic theme. We are just doing finger foods and desserts because of a low budget. Most people don't expect dinner anyway at an LDS reception. My mother in law is doing our luncheon, instead of a rehearsal dinner because we don't need one, after we come out of the temple. She's also going with a rustic them. So, I figured they would all tie together.

Shadowcat Posts : 16 Registered: 2/17/11
Re: December 2011 Brides
Posted: Oct 1, 2011 1:56 AM Go to message in response to: KaitERiggs

Ours is December 10! (which, gosh, is really soon, isn't it...)

We're doing sort of...a winter wonderland theme (white, navy blue, sparkle-y silver)...plus, um, superheroes (but in a tasteful way! table names, groomsmens' cufflinks, etc). Because Awesome Fiance and I are both total nerds.

December is a lovely month, isn't it? Very festive. I hope yours is fantastic!

raeabfab Posts : 5 Registered: 9/30/11
Posted: Oct 1, 2011 2:08 AM Go to message in response to: KaitERiggs

Aw, I was going to do a New Year's Eve wedding, but when I mentioned it on theknot.com, every single bride on that site went psycho at me because I would be ruining my guests night by having them come to my wedding instead of letting them go out...so I abandoned the idea.

Posted: Oct 3, 2011 1:08 AM Go to message in response to: raeabfab

My fiance was worried about that, but our reception is from 6-9. That way people can get to their parties or where ever they are going. People don't go to their parties till later anyway and The last hour of our reception will be just dancing anyway so people can leave early if they really have something to go to. It's a fun way to celebrate! Plus some people don't go do things ie. families, older people. So, this gives them something to do on New Years Eve.

WinterBride22 Posts : 15 Registered: 6/16/11
Posted: Oct 3, 2011 2:33 PM Go to message in response to: KaitERiggs

You're LDS as well? What a coincidence. So am I! My wedding isn't until 12/12/12.

Posted: Oct 4, 2011 3:40 AM Go to message in response to: WinterBride22

I sure am! What temple are you getting married in???

Posted: Oct 4, 2011 10:52 AM Go to message in response to: KaitERiggs

I'm getting married in the St. Louis,Missouri Temple. Which one are you getting married in?

Posted: Oct 5, 2011 3:17 AM Go to message in response to: WinterBride22

I am getting married in the Mesa, Arizona temple. My parents, both sets of grand parents, brother, and multiple extended family members have been sealed or married there too. Have you found your dress yet? Are you going to wear it in the temple?

Posted: Oct 5, 2011 2:50 PM Go to message in response to: KaitERiggs

I haven't really found a dress yet as I haven't been able to find a convient time to get all my bridesmaids together because we're all in the University ward together and they're college students. A couple friends of mine are getting married and sealed in the Mesa temple on November 25th of this year so about a month before you.

That's cool about your family being married and sealed there where you are. I don't have that option. I'm only one of two people in my family that are members of the LDS church. What plans do you have nailed down so far?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine