Boudoir Photography thoughts?!?

Online Users: 1,260 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12

Augstums Posts : 2 Registered: 9/15/11
Boudoir Photography thoughts?!?
Posted: Sep 15, 2011 5:43 PM

I recently had the opportunity to spend some time with a couple of wedding photographers and we discussed what's becoming a very popular nuptial trend -- boudoir photography.

I went into the discussion with an open mind, but I'm curious, interested in other's thoughts - totally worth the experience, or too private? And how is the best way to find the perfect photographer, where you are actually comfortable with the shoot? Same as your wedding photographer or someone different?

And here's the article I wrote, for some additional perspective (if you care to glance at it): http://ieva-augstums.suite101.com/boudoir-photography-popularity-exposes-new-nuptial-trend-a388667

Thanks, and I look forward to the conversation!

MariaPearce Posts : 20 Registered: 10/11/11
Re: Boudoir Photography thoughts?!?
Posted: Oct 31, 2011 12:18 PM Go to message in response to: Augstums

It's such a huge trend right now, I would definitely go for it, and your husband will really appreciate it!

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Posted: Oct 31, 2011 12:48 PM Go to message in response to: Augstums

Ladies,

I replied to this thread a long time ago, and my reply was deleted.

I said that in no way would I allow anyone to photograph me for any reason in that way.

It is very easy to lose control of the images. A photographer can put them out there. A vindictive ex-husband can put them on his FB page.

Some day, when you are a candidate for elected office or a really good job promotion, you don't want long-ago photos of you in a bra and panties circulating around the competition.

RickyTN Posts : 2 Registered: 12/5/11
Posted: Dec 5, 2011 2:11 AM Go to message in response to: Augstums

I did one for my fiancee. She loved it. Its my pre-wedding gift to her, for the honeymoon night _. I had a GREAT photographer as well, she made me feel ultra comfortable. I was so happy to see the photos. They look as if i can go into a male model magazine. I loved it.

ContinuumPhotog... Posts : 3 Registered: 9/6/11
Posted: Dec 20, 2011 4:20 PM Go to message in response to: Aunt

Chose a professional photographer whose contract well defines the usage of the images. I think too often boudoir photography doesn't get the respect it deserves for being not only tasteful, but showing a person at their most beautiful. These aren't necessarily images that you always have to worry about other people seeing, they are something that you can be proud of when done right. Times are also changing rapidly, and people are much more accepting now of things like this than they were a few years ago.

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Posted: Dec 20, 2011 7:54 PM Go to message in response to: ContinuumPhotog...

Ladies,

"but showing a person at their most beautiful"

I am far more beautiful fully dressed.

Reggiex Posts : 1 Registered: 1/9/12
Posted: Jan 10, 2012 2:21 PM Go to message in response to: Aunt

Ever thought about doing glamour? Similar to boudoir but with clothes on and still sexy.

Have a look at the portfolios for Celimages Provocateur. I used them for my boudoir photography. They're in new York.

jjjune Posts : 60 Registered: 1/6/12
Posted: Jan 13, 2012 7:40 PM Go to message in response to: Augstums

I think it's a personal choice.

I completely understand the arguments against- Someone else seeing you mostly (or completely) naked, privacy concerns, having the balls to do it...

I've done it twice. I signed a contract with my photographers that strips them of the right to use an image that shows my face without my permission. The first time, my fiance came with me and the photographer was a straight male (which I didn't know until I got there. I thought his name was a woman's name). The second time, I was alone and the photographer was female. I found it a completely fun and empowering experience both times.

JasmineO2 Posts : 17 Registered: 1/6/12
Posted: Jan 17, 2012 8:33 PM Go to message in response to: Augstums

I've thought about doing it. You don't have to be half naked. You can have lingerie on that covers a little more, and I think it could be a great gift for your FH. I definitely agree with making sure you have a tight contract on how the photos can be used and a photographer who can make you very comfortable.

Rainy25 Posts : 2 Registered: 2/2/12
Posted: Feb 2, 2012 5:10 AM Go to message in response to: Augstums

Great article! I was a little torn too but I had some done not for my wedding but just to take sexy photos for my boyfriend and I LOVED it! She posted some at http://www.satinstudios.com
) I think it depends on your personality. Some people are more private than others and are not going to feel comfortable but I think these days, it has lost any stigma and boudoir is becoming more of a norm with weddings and in general. But you shouldn't do anything you're not comfortable with.

Edited by: Rainy25 on Feb 2, 2012 5:11 AM

Rainy25 Posts : 2 Registered: 2/2/12
Posted: Feb 2, 2012 5:13 AM Go to message in response to: Reggiex

I like this idea too. A happy medium for people who don't want to get totally naked.

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Feb 13, 2012 12:23 PM Go to message in response to: Augstums

I did a photoshoot for my husband for our anniversary. I was not in my bra and underwear. I was fully clothed! I had 3 outfits: a cute dress with heels, a school girl outfit with heels, and witch type outfit which was just a long black skirt with a blouse and of course heels. My photographer was great and told me that the less revealing I am, the more imagination my husband will have ;) My suggestion about these types of photos is do and wear what you feel comfortable. I think it's a fun thing to do!

Photobucket wedding ticker

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Check out my wedding pictures in the photo gallery of my wedding website!!! :)

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Dec 5, 2012 7:19 AM Go to message in response to: Augstums

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 1861 is just $349.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine