What are your biggest concerns about your wedding flowers?

Online Users: 1,243 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 3

Annette1 Posts : 2 Registered: 8/27/11
What are your biggest concerns about your wedding flowers?
Posted: Aug 27, 2011 12:35 PM

I need your help!
Could you guys tell me what your biggest concerns with your wedding flowers were/are?
Also, did you guys make your own wedding flowers yourself? What are some pros and cons for doing your own flowers??

I'm doing this survey and wanted to figure out what other brides thought about this.

Please be as honest as possible, that would be awesome. :)

Thanks for all your help!

Annette

Edited by: Annette1 on Aug 27, 2011 3:42 PM

Mor Posts : 1 Registered: 7/16/09
Re: What are your biggest concerns about your wedding flowers?
Posted: Sep 14, 2011 4:27 PM Go to message in response to: Annette1

My first concern was cost because they are going to be used for what like 8 hours at most. So I did my own flowers but I just bought bud vases and peonys which are bigger so there is only going to be one flower per vase. But shopping for flowers was hard because I didn't want them to look fake. Also I'm not doing a bouquet because I won't ever carry it, I was in with a parent on each arm, don't hold it during the ceremony and then walk out, So I didn't see spending atleast $50 on a bouquet.

In the end I spend about $100 on flowers and I'm very happy with them. (We have 100 guests)

ClassicalBride22 Posts : 10 Registered: 7/4/08
Posted: Nov 21, 2011 7:35 PM Go to message in response to: Annette1

First time around my concern was the getting the right color which by the way the day of i did not. but it didn't matter that much right then. As for making them I made my bridesmaid's bouquet. Advice choose a simple pattern and give yourself time to get it right. I ended up having to rush and do her's an hour before hand while i was trying to get dressed. It was pretty but stressful.

For our vow renewal i'm worried about getting what i need for the right price.

Andrea_May2013_... Posts : 4 Registered: 11/21/11
Posted: Nov 21, 2011 9:31 PM Go to message in response to: Annette1

right now my concern is that there won't be enough bodget for what I initially wanted. I am learning to adjust my expectations with the economy and I think I finally came to the conclusion about a week ago that the flowers don't make the wedding spectacular. Guests don't need beutiful centerpieces to have a good time :) However I still want to have something people can appreciate. My wedding planner LOVES flowers and wants them everywhere and since I don't care too much about what type of flowers are present I am just going to let her handle it with the budget.

These are my only MUSTS:

• Real flowers
  • Lilies of some kind. the bigger the better
  • limited roses (say 1 rose for every 5-10 flowers that are not roses
  • my bouquet of mostly white and yellow with maybe some hints of blues
  • bridesmaids bouquets of many pastels including yellow, coral, light pink, and light purples.

I would like tall centerpiece but I am willing to settle for low ones.

hahaha sorry for the long response. I am talkative tonight

Daisypath Wedding tickers

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine