Very Intimate wedding questions...

Online Users: 1,291 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

ZoellersNDGirl Posts : 8 Registered: 8/1/11
Very Intimate wedding questions...
Posted: Aug 1, 2011 1:05 PM

My fiance and I live in an area where it is VERY expensive to travel to and from and we don't want to get married anywhere else but I also DO NOT want people to spend a ton of money to get here so we decided to have a very intimate even without our parents and we don't want the stress of a large affair. We are paying for the wedding ourselves.

1.How do we let friends and family know about our wedding while also letting them know that it's not something people will be invited to?

2. Is it ok to create a gift registry and to send out the registry cards? I don't feel like it would be appropriate.

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: Very Intimate wedding questions...
Posted: Aug 1, 2011 7:42 PM Go to message in response to: ZoellersNDGirl

Dear Z,

"1.How do we let friends and family know about our wedding while also letting them know that it's not something people will be invited to?"

You send announcements after the ceremony is complete. It's all in the past tense.

Homer Simpson and Marge Bouvier
joyfully announce they were married
August 1, 2011
Springfield

It's essential to include the date of the wedding and the city. No need for address or time of day.

"2. Is it ok to create a gift registry and to send out the registry cards? I don't feel like it would be appropriate."

It's totally NOT appropriate to fish for gifts from people you can't be bothered to invite to your wedding. That is really insulting.

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Re: Very Intimate wedding questions...
Posted: Dec 15, 2012 3:53 AM Go to message in response to: ZoellersNDGirl

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 1245 is just $379.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine