Married Already?

Online Users: 1,358 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

chooselove22 Posts : 1 Registered: 7/18/11
Married Already?
Posted: Jul 18, 2011 4:39 PM

So my boyfriend and I aren't officially engaged yet, but plan on getting married in late Spring, early Summer of 2012. We haven't had the most conventional relationship. We met online over a year ago, had a long distance relationship for a year, and I moved across the country about 4 months ago to live with him. It is completely out of my character to live with a guy before marriage, but due to the circumstances, it only made sense. Problem is, I already feel like an old married couple. We do the same thing week after week, only have sex about once a week, and often end up in separate rooms watching our own favorite tv shows or simply doing our own thing. It worries me because we've only been together 15 months, are not even engaged, and the excitement is already being drained from our relationship. What the heck??? Is this normal? I'm definitely a committed person and love my boyfriend with all my heart, but I would be lying if I said it didn't get me worried about our future nuptials. Advice? Anyone who can relate?

csupalla0881 Posts : 4 Registered: 12/15/09
Re: Married Already?
Posted: Aug 10, 2011 4:36 PM Go to message in response to: chooselove22

I would say, if you are ok with this being your relationship forever, then you're fine. But if you're not happy with how things currently are, then you might have to consider making some changes. My husband and I didn't live together before we got married back in October, and we still spend most of our free time together...and I hope we continue to do so for many years to come, even after we have kids (expecting our first child in January!). Everyone's relationship is different, though. Only you know what you truly want out of a life-long relationship. Good luck!

teamtravis Posts : 1 Registered: 8/24/11
Posted: Aug 26, 2011 1:54 AM Go to message in response to: chooselove22

Well that could be overfamiliarity. Why not make some changes and some stuff that both of you haven't done before? That way you could have an icebreaker in your relationship.

NewtonLacek Posts : 2 Registered: 11/8/11
Posted: Nov 8, 2011 12:52 PM Go to message in response to: chooselove22

I would recommend sitting down with your boyfriend and discussing your fears. Me and my fiance have lived together for two months in our own house and before that we lived together at my moms since January. We always spend time together. However, there are times where hes watching tv and im in a different room doing homework (were college students) or just getting something done. We need time to ourselves but our time together is vital also. I love him more than anything but i would never want to watch football ALL day sunday like he does. so Sundays we have dinner together but the rest of the day we do our own thing. It works for us. you just have to find what works for you.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine