Gowns that are Made in the USA?

Online Users: 1,256 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

AlwaysSublime Posts : 28 Registered: 9/17/08
Gowns that are Made in the USA?
Posted: Jul 14, 2011 11:08 PM

I am not quite sure how I would go about "Googling" this, so I thought I would write here first. Do any of you know which, if any, designers manufacture their gowns in the USA? Online sites like J.Crew, BCBG, and dresses from Macy's are mostly imported. Wondering if any bigger name bridal designers like Maggie Sottero, Alfred Angelo, Melissa Sweet, etc are also imported, although I am guessing they are. Can anyone go and check the tags on their dresses for me? lol.

JuliaB Posts : 7 Registered: 8/12/11
Re: Gowns that are Made in the USA?
Posted: Aug 12, 2011 11:08 AM Go to message in response to: AlwaysSublime

Congrats on getting engaged! I had my dress custom made since I wanted a mix of several dresses that I had tried on. Taylor the owner of TWStyle is excellent to work witha and literally made my dream wedding dress into a reality! She knows what works, looks good and doesn't. She will help you really figure out what you want. She is extremely affordable, and will work with any budgets. She is based in Chicago and also travels to her clients inside and out of the area! Her email is info@taylorwilsonstyle.com or you can visit her page at www.facebook.com/taylorwilsonstyle

Good luck!

EmilyEastondotcom Posts : 38 Registered: 7/16/11
Re: Gowns that are Made in the USA?
Posted: Aug 12, 2011 7:01 PM Go to message in response to: AlwaysSublime

Why is it that when I hear "buy made in the USA" I always think that's a great idea -- and then promptly forget about it.

Thanks for the nudge. If you're trying to do it for a wedding dress, I can at least look for that Made in the USA label on smaller things. I really will this time!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine