Modest bridesmaid dresses?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

kuwaitisunshine Posts : 6 Registered: 5/27/11
Modest bridesmaid dresses?
Posted: May 27, 2011 6:01 PM

Hello all, I am wondering if anyone knows of a designer/store that makes stylish modest bridesmaid dresses. I am from Kuwait and some of my bridesmaids and guests are fairly conservative Muslims. With so many dresses revealing so much these days I am searching for modest options, preferably under 55 dinar or $200, and must ship to Mideast. I would really appreciate suggestions, I know it's a tall order, but thank you ladies!

*with love from Kuwait*

DeniseRose Posts : 40 Registered: 5/10/11
Re: Modest bridesmaid dresses?
Posted: May 27, 2011 6:31 PM Go to message in response to: kuwaitisunshine

Everyone's idea of modest is diffrent. Can you give us a little more to go on? What must be covered? How much skin can show? Is an illusion neckline acceptable coverage?

Do you have your dress selected? What will it look like?

Do all your maids need the same level of modesty? Could they all wear the same dress and add a shall, jacket, headscarf, or something for those who need more coverage?

What do other brides in your area do? Have you considered having the dresses made there?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

kuwaitisunshine Posts : 6 Registered: 5/27/11
Posted: May 27, 2011 6:46 PM Go to message in response to: DeniseRose

Hello and thank you for the reply. Yes I probably could have been a bit more clear, the major thing is that the chest and shoulders need to be covered. Arms can be left bare and while two of my eight maids will be wearing hijab (head wraps) not all are and I am not requiring this of them. An illusion neckline might work, however it would probably need to be in a dark color (I'm thinking silver gowns at the moment, and may need to switch that idea.)
My dress (I don't have a picture to upload at the moment, sorry) is more conservative than what I expect of my bridesmaid gowns, it has a high neck in almost a cowl style except it doesn't drape downward, it more wraps around, and sleeves reaching to elbow length. I have spoken to my married friends and most have chosen styles similar to my wedding dress for their maids. However my young, fashion conscious maids have vetoed some of my more conservative suggestions...always a struggle between respecting religion/tradition and pleasing your wedding party. But thank you for the reply.

*with love from Kuwait*

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 1:13 AM Go to message in response to: kuwaitisunshine

Big discount. any detail please visite to, http://www.juliebridalshop.com/

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 2:07 AM Go to message in response to: kuwaitisunshine

Rosa Clara Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-rosa-clara-c-420_451.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine