wedding registry tackiness

Online Users: 1,278 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 4

ABingamon Posts : 1 Registered: 2/14/11
wedding registry tackiness
Posted: May 21, 2011 6:35 PM

What is the appropriate way to let my family and friends know where our wedding registry's are at? How do I send it to them? I just don't want to appear presumptious and make them feel that they have to give us a gift. However, on the other hand, if they do want to this information would be helpful for them. HELP!

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: wedding registry tackiness
Posted: May 21, 2011 7:28 PM Go to message in response to: ABingamon

If someone asks, you tell them. Most people assume you are going to be registered somewhere, so they'll ask you, your FH, your parents etc.

You do not send them the information in your wedding invite - that is considered rude.

Technically, it's 'ok' for your bridal shower host to tell the guests where you are registered, but I find it to be a turn off to receive and invite with a bunch of little registration cards. One card or two, OK. (I don't know where or how many places you are registered.)

But people will differ on that.

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Posted: May 21, 2011 7:56 PM Go to message in response to: ABingamon

Dear AB,

"How do I send it to them? "

If they ask, you are free to tell them in any way you see fit.

If they don't ask, don't tell.

"I just don't want to appear presumptious and make them feel that they have to give us a gift."

Your heart is in the right place. Good for you. It is presumptious to say "Since you will give us a gift anyway, here is a pre-selected list of things we want".

Here's the plan. Once you have registered, tell your immediate family (Mom, Dad, sibs) and FH's immediate family, plus your wedding attendants. If anyone asks you, FH, family or attendants where you are registered, they are free to respond.

Please believe me, word gets around. I got married in 1976, long before Facebook was invented. Word got around.

HananaBanana Posts : 11 Registered: 3/3/11
Posted: May 26, 2011 3:01 PM Go to message in response to: ABingamon

do you have a wedding website? ours in on ours.

We are registered at:

Crate and Barrel
BB&B
www.uponourstar.com

Just put it under the registry tab- and rely on word of mouth.

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 9:35 AM Go to message in response to: ABingamon

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine