Veil or No Veil

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

Beth4 Posts : 2 Registered: 5/11/11
Veil or No Veil
Posted: May 11, 2011 3:46 PM

I don't know veil or not, and if so at the back or over your face?

Beth :-)

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: Veil or No Veil
Posted: May 11, 2011 5:58 PM Go to message in response to: Beth4

Dear Beth,

It's totally your own personal decision.

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Posted: May 11, 2011 9:44 PM Go to message in response to: Beth4

Dear Beth,

As I said before, it's your own personal choice.

If you are sitting on the fence, unable to decide one way or the other, you might benefit from hearing why some chose to wear veils and others did not.

I chose not to wear a veil. I read, somewhere, that the white dress symbolizes a woman's first wedding but a veil over the face symbolizes virginity. The point in the ceremony where the groom lifts the brides veil and kisses her is a symbolic deflowering. (ie loss of virginity)

I said, immediately, "Ewwww" and decided then and there not to wear a veil over my face.

I don't know if all that is true or not, but the very thought was disgusting enough for me to avoid a face covering veil.

Since I had an outdoor wedding, I wore a large white picture hat with a tulle bow around the crown. The tails of the bow hung down my back, creating a "bride-ish, veil-ish" effect, but it was no where near my face.

Feel free to disregard my comments if you really want a veil. If you don't, or are truly undecided, then this might be enough to push you over the Undecided Fence.

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Posted: May 12, 2011 2:16 PM Go to message in response to: Aunt

Well veils can be pricey, so if you are undecided and budget is an issue it's a very easy piece to cut. You could get some flowers or flashy pins for your hair instead.

Or you could be like me. I thought that I didn't want one, but then I tried one on with my dress and that's the point where I really felt like a bride. I certainly didn't have $200 to spend on one in the bridal shop so I looked online (kijiji) for a 2nd hand one and found the perfect one for $15! And the beadwork on it matched my dress.

I would definately suggest trying some different styles on WITH YOUR DRESS and see how you feel = )

InfinitusQuies Posts : 3 Registered: 8/11/11
Posted: Aug 11, 2011 1:40 AM Go to message in response to: Beth4

Personally, I think a veil helps to make wedding pictures really magical! I wouldn't want one over my face while I walk down the aisle, but I LOVE cathedral length veils that just go behind. Stunning!

lilly14 Posts : 13 Registered: 8/8/11
Posted: Aug 11, 2011 5:02 AM Go to message in response to: Beth4

i vote veil - but it must be sheer enough to see the bride's face

EmilyEastondotcom Posts : 38 Registered: 7/16/11
Posted: Aug 11, 2011 12:16 PM Go to message in response to: Beth4

Beth, you didn't mention whether you have been shopping yet or not. My guess is that when you start to try on dresses and veils, you'll discover which way your heart is leading you.

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 16, 2012 2:46 AM Go to message in response to: Beth4

San Patrick Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-san-patrick-c-420_454.html

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 8:28 PM Go to message in response to: Beth4

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

Posted: Oct 16, 2012 3:14 PM Go to message in response to: Beth4

Sheath Sweetheart Neckline Strapless Chiffon Wedding Dress Style Marion
Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

sugarbox Posts : 44 Registered: 10/13/11
Posted: Oct 16, 2012 11:22 PM Go to message in response to: Beth4

I like a wedding dress with veil,you need a veil for your big day.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine